*VIDEO* Program react differently regards of POWER source - USB/BATTERY

Anyone? Please?

Cease and desist with the videos if you want help. Instead, please provide proper schematics and clear photographs. Attach them to your post, don't use offsite links.

Yes but since i have posted this post we have already solved some of the problems, and another just appeard. Do i have to modify the whole? Read last answers cuz there is completly description for all of the problems.

USB power bank to the system and 4x1,5V battery to motors are good. In that way system gets a stable power source. You could also get a battery holder for 2 pcs of 18650 to get ~7,5V. I don´t think it will damage the 6V motors. Battery holders can be bought cheap on ebay, or that polish site.
Those batteries you have, they are not 8800 mAh. Roughly 3500 mAh is the most a 18650 can hold.

I have 4 battery holders for 8x AA batteries. So Either i use 4x AA 1,5V or 2x 18650? Is there a way to don't use powerbank to usb port? Is this Green Port on the board accountable for ONLY motors power or motors power and the board system power? There's not much room for a powerbank so i would not use it

I have successfully used 2x18650 but my robot only had 2 motors. (Most) Li-ion batteries can supply plenty of current without voltage drop. In that case you can have switch to ´on´ and only need a single power source.

You have a few power options listed at DFRobot.
Switch ´off´, separate power source.
5V to either USB port or 5V pin, or 5~23v power source to VIN.

I'm back with project.
5V from usb when "OFF" is set and 6V from batteries is an option. But why when i connect 10V from batteries to this port and set "ON" program keeps reseting? And what's going on with this "Vin" thing. I can see "Vin" port on my board, but i hadn't connected to this single wire.

Board reset because of unstable power.
Vin is parallel to power jack (on ordinary boards). Input power that goes to a voltage regulator. Your board is missing the power jack as you have a screw terminal instead (when switch is on).
If you separate power with the switch, you can still feed 6 to 23 volt to Vin, to power the system.

Sorry, but i'm not completely sure if i have understand you. Imgur: The magic of the Internet - here's photo of my board. First green port from the right top is Motors and System Power. If i switch it on "OFF" it feed only motors, when "ON" motors and system. I tried to connect 10V battery and i have the same problem when i switched it "ON". I don't know how to us Vin port which is first pin from the RED PIN TOP.
But how can i seperate power (Motors and board)?
that's where and what to connect on the board* - not exactly mine

I connected 2x 18650 3,7V batteries (around 6V together when i checked this) and i still have this problem. Board keeps reseting

Hi,
Can you post a circuit diagram of your project please, hand draw and post a picture.
Not a Fritzy picture you have supplied.

You seem to be doing all sorts of different things to fix your problems without any logical thought.
Where do you connect the battery you use to power the control board when you remove the USB?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

I'll send you picture in 10-15 minutes. Thanks

It's not the preatiest schemat but there it is.
VCC from the sensor is connected to a 5V n board not VCC. Becamue i watched some tutorials, and that's how it was connected. Motors are connected to a green motors pin on the right.

Did it help you solve the problem?

TruePatrick:
I connected 2x 18650 3,7V batteries (around 6V together when i checked this) and i still have this problem. Board keeps reseting

Sounds like they need a charge. 3V from a Li-ion is almost empty.

When i measure it on multimeter it shows 5,91V. On the batteries writes: "The voltage of full charge and empty condition is 4,2V and 2,75V"
I will charge it.What do you think how much time it would to charge it fully?
And how types of batteries can have influence on the board?

Hey UPDATE here. I charged my 2x 18650 batteries. Not full but voltage reaches 7,36V. I connected this to a board and switched the switch "ON" that board and motors use voltage from batteries. Seems that all is working correctly, BUT sometimes board reset but on very short time. I will chage it fully and keep your raporting, if it's good now

What if i ran over the 18650 battery with a car and it is Slightly dented but when i measure it with multimeter it shows 3,65V. Can i use it?

TruePatrick:
What if i ran over the 18650 battery with a car and it is Slightly dented but when i measure it with multimeter it shows 3,65V. Can i use it?

Sure, as long as you use it in an area that won't be damaged if it bursts or catches fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzEHsJVZhA

I charged the batteries that it gives 8,1V and almost everything looks fine. I will update you in 3-4 hours if it changed anything. I also added 4 leds to it. I will upload some photos later, and try charge it fully and then tell you if it changed anything.