ROM-Reader for Super Nintendo / Super Famicom Game Cartridges

Hi Sanni,

I finally got around to building my cart reader. It was my first time doing any major soldering other than battery replacements so I'm pretty happy everything worked (except the OLED screen isn't turning on but serial monitor works fine for me)!

Overall it was a great experience. I got the whole thing built for under $60 CAD including shipping (N64 cartridge support only and I was able to 3D print the parts at the library for $1).

A couple nitpicks though:

1. The SD card spacer is a bit weird. The one in the combined .stl file doesn't look exactly like the one in the video tutorial and the LED was loose in there. I had to wrap the top and bottom in tape to get the LED to stay in space. Also the standalone spacer .stl file has a different design the combined .stl file. Was there a change in this design?

2. It was wasn't very clear why you needed to desolder the pin header on the OLED screen since it seems like you put it back on later in the tutorial. Based on what I tell you just flipped the long and short side of the pins around?

3. The two wires that need to be soldered at the end aren't listed in the needed parts list. I understand most people would have spare ones lying around but I had to cannabilize an unused PC fan connector to finish my build. I think those wires should be listed in the parts list so someone doesn't get to the end and find out they're missing the last thing to complete the build.

4. The SMD buttons should be noted that they're only required if using the OLED screen. In case someone wants to save as much money as possible with just using the serial monitor.

5. Why two different screw sizes for screwing in the 3D printed parts?