Arduino forum on mobile devices

I have been using mobile devices to view arduino forum lately and found the following things I'd like to share. Please add more if you have any:

1. ipad: views the forum fine. You can scroll code inserts with two fingers nicely. Just typing is difficult since it has not rumble function to feedback. Switching between windows on safari (default browser) will likely result in refresh and loss of your unfinished post. Spell check is less bearable than others but you can turn it off.

2. android phone: depending on the browser. I never used the included broswer (HTC inspire) and went straight for skyfire. On skyfire, you can't scroll the code inserts at all. Switching between windows didn't seem to refresh as often as ipad but who knows. Rumble feedback is nice and spell check is bearable but you can't turn it off so good luck typing codes. You can handpick the first letter to kind of stop the spell check for the word though. If you use firefox, you can easily scroll the code inserts and the browser has been working fine since a few days ago when I downloaded it. I'll be using it more often than skyfire.

3. blackberry: occasionally I had to use it (blackberry torch) to browse the forum. It is quite crude but useable. Actually the on screen mouse cursor is quite neat and helps a lot on picking tiny links on a smaller screen. Scroll is not smooth. You can scroll code inserts but it is testing your patience. The lack of screen response is complemented by the mouse cursor. I wish an android phone has one of those cause touching sometimes is just not accurate with fingers.

What do think? Too much time spent on forum? :smiley:

On the iPad, if by rumble you mean some sort of audible feedback when you touch a key, you can turn that on and off in settings:general:sounds: keyboard clicks.

I like iPad Safari for viewing the forums. On my Blackberry it is definitely a last resort. The screen is just to tiny for me and the controls to zoom in and out are too much work now that I've had a taste of the Apple mobile browser. My next phone will probably be an iPhone.

Don't forget to give an Android phone a try too :slight_smile:
I've been using a Android for a while and a Samsung Galaxy S2 for about 3 months. I hear that it's currently being released in the U.S (finally). Much recommended.

EmilyJane:
On the iPad, if by rumble you mean some sort of audible feedback when you touch a key, you can turn that on and off in settings:general:sounds: keyboard clicks.

I like iPad Safari for viewing the forums. On my Blackberry it is definitely a last resort. The screen is just to tiny for me and the controls to zoom in and out are too much work now that I've had a taste of the Apple mobile browser. My next phone will probably be an iPhone.

Emily,

I was more or less looking for a tactile response like pressing an actual key board. The rumble is the next best thing, although audio response is ok as yet the next best after rumble. The rumble is probably available on an iphone or ipad with 3g. It's the motor vibration if you set your phone to vibration mode.

The rumble is probably available on an iphone or ipad with 3g. It's the motor vibration if you set your phone to vibration mode.

Oh, I get it. I'd never heard that term before. Probably much better for noisy environs.

I was using the rumble from "rumble pad", as in game controller pads. You shoot a weapon or get shot the device "shocks" you with quick burst of motor action. The term sounds to me like a quick shake for the key press I made on my HTC phone instead of vibration, which sounds like continuous shakes.

I think it's called "haptic feedback"