Home Automation - NodeMCU esp8266 with Alexa with Generic IIC I2C LCD Display

Hi,

I'm trying to automate my home using Arduino with Amazon Alexa/Generic IIC I2C 1602 16x2 Character LCD Display Module Blue Back light.

Using other code with Esp8266 and Alexa- i'm able to control my home light (basically ON/OFF) using relay.

To enhance the project i'm trying to put display on I2C basically the status of switch connected via Relay but I'm getting error . "collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status""

Please suggest solution.

Hi Rakesh,

I've got a dual relay working with Alexa from a Node MCU, esp8266 board. Actually I support registering upto nine endpoints. And I have a website running in the same code, so I can control them from a website, or voice.

I'm using a I2C 16 x 2 LCD shield from an arduino to control an audio player via serial. I have groups of text that is displayed to enable a user to use the buttons to control the audio output and change the state of the buttons via the sel button. The help text and buttons all change once SEL is pressed.

Look at previous errors reported to determine what the bug is. Or you can post code for review.

Vinnie

How are you accessing the esp8266 from outside your LAN?

hi

BIOT:
How are you accessing the esp8266 from outside your LAN?

The protocol for Alexa is proxied into the cloud. So I can remotely command my widgets from outside the house. I logon to my Alexa account, press a button and immediately get a phone call from my wife that there are ghosts in the house. Ditto for Google Home.