using raspberry pi 3 b+

i can only use raspberry pi 3 b+ to program my arduino uno. As the raspberry pi has an older version of the arduino ide will this be a major problem in doing projects

is the version of the arduino ide on the raspberry pi still usable as it is an older version

Why not use the latest corresponding version from Arduino?

chrislittler:
is the version of the arduino ide on the raspberry pi still usable as it is an older version

Yes

Thanks

Probably not.

You have not told us what version of the IDE is on your RPi?

Why not upgrade to a newer version if you need the newer features (whatever they are - I'm still using 1.6.3 on this laptop for most things)

...R

Threads merged.

Robin2:
Probably not.

Yes I did a project just two months ago with a fresh install of the Pi 3 b+ and it worked fine.

I don't think you can get the latest version on raspberry pi if you can I'd like someone to tell me how

chrislittler:
I don't think you can get the latest version on raspberry pi if you can I'd like someone to tell me how

I don't have an RPi but I use Linux.

I just download the appropriate tar file, extract its contents to a suitable folder, CD to that folder, double-click the arduino file and it just works.

...R

You can always gets the latest version (currently 1.8.5) of the IDE from here. For Raspberry Pi, download the Linux ARM version.