mkr 1400 not detected

I have a brand new MKR 1400 board.
I have installed the drivers and at first everything was running well. The board was detected (both by the IDE and creator) and managed to upload a test skecth.
I connected a Lipo battery and no problems at first.
But now the PC has stopped detecting the board. It doesn't show in the port list. I have removed battery, antenna, just the board connected by usb cable, and the CHRG led is constantly blinking (it was not when I first powered it).
I have tried in multiple PCs, have pressed the RST button (long press, double tap...) but nothing happens.
Any ideas what is happening?
Thanks!!

Currently seeing exactly the same problem here too.

Simply seems to have died but until I can talk to somebody tomorrow I cant help you any more than letting you know you are not alone.

Thing is there was no lipo involved here so I dont think thats part of the problem.

Thanks for your answer. Please, let me know if you find something.
I have been reading other posts in the forum and done further tests but no solution so far. The board does not appear in windows COM/LPT port list, I have tried to enter bootloader mode but does not work. I'm testing it in two PCs, and I have no problems with a Mega board.
As I said, CHRG led is constantly blinking. It seems that the board has died.

In my case the last sketch sent up was "analog read serial" from the examples sketches.

I unplugged it to insert a SIM I had just received and then nothing.
Removed the SIM and still nothing.

Also tried the steps you took too with no result.
Even tried holding down the reset whilst powering up in case there was an alternate method to reset the bootloader and still NO-GO.

@ezalakain

Can you remember what sketch you uploaded last ?
It could be important.

An issue has been opened but more details would help narrow it down.

I have contacted Arduino store support, followed their instructions but nothing worked so they agreed to replace the board.

Can you remember what those instructions were ?
Curious ?

The team has opened an CORE issue on GITHUB so any extra info would be useful inc the last sketch if you remember

Same problem here. I have uploaded a sketch which has caused the device to not be recognised by the computer. Everything was working fine until I uploaded this sketch. The problem is possibly caused by some debug code I had included in the sketch for use on an AVR device which was writing and reading RAM directly :(.

Is there a way to 'master reset' the device?

@Bags, have you tried double tapping the reset button to enter boot loader mode?

@sandeepmistry

Thanks for the suggestion.

No I hadn't. I didn't know about the double tap. And as I didn't have a com port to select, I didn't try anything!

But as things happen, when I plugged the board back tonight, the com port appeared. Why I have no idea - I did nothing different, been out all day and not used the computer.

Further to that, a response I had from technical support mentioned the double tap. So with that in mind, I uploaded the SMSSender example sketch.

The upload hung at 'Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM9' so I double tapped and finally the sketch uploaded. Problem solved.

Something support suggested to try is to upload the 'Blink' sketch even if there is no COM port available. Double tap at the uploading stage and it should work. I didn't get to test this step but others may find it useful.

Thanks again for your response.

@ballscrewbob

Have you find a solution to the problem?
I am currently facing the same problem here, I was thinking about reflashing the bootloader but did not found any easy way to do it with the mkr 1400.

Same problem here. The board worked just fine during several days, I could send data over GSM to cloud and was happy with this. The board was powered only from USB. Yesterday the board suddenly stopped appearing in COM, and windows says "device not recognized" every time I plug it in.

@Andy_Brandy

Start by disconnecting anything to the board other than the USB.
Plug the board into a USB 2.0 port and quickly double tap the reset button to put it in "bootloader" mode on a new COM port.
Then select either "blink" or "bare minimum" from the examples menu and try an upload.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.