onboard orange led flashing

Hi...

On the MKR1000 there is an orange LED that after some time (20 min?) start flashing slowly. The board is powered with DC and no LIPO connected.

I have read somewhere that it can happen if there is no LiPO in charge.

Is this as expected?
Is there any way to stop the led flashing.... since not really needed?

Thanks

Its a known issue.

Its the CHARGE light for the LIPO but comes on randomly.
Honestly nothing to worry about.

Works as it should if you do connect a LIPO.

Yes, but it is a little bit annoying.

A bug somewhere... in the firmware or somewhere else

Nobody has ever come back on that point so its an MKR mystery.
Think there was a loose explanation way back somewhere maybe in the older MKR read only section.

1 Like

I have come to believe the following.

Without a battery present the flashing orange led is related to an upload. For instance; double-tap the reset for upload mode and send a sketch. It is supposed to flash slowly once upload is complete.

If a battery is attached it is purely related to battery charge status.
dy3

dy3dy3dy3:
I have come to believe the following.

Without a battery present the flashing orange led is related to an upload. For instance; double-tap the reset for upload mode and send a sketch. It is supposed to flash slowly once upload is complete.

If a battery is attached it is purely related to battery charge status.
dy3

I beg to differ.
The Green near the LIPO and USB connector is power.
Orange Also close to the USB and LIPO connector is battery / CHRG
The other green is on pin 6 and just above the pin connectors on the right (with USB pointing away from you)

That's the same for all 3 MKR's here including a beta one
At no time does it flash on my MKR's when a sketch is uploading.

More detail here

1 Like

The IDE literature speaks of the slow orange flash. Not during upload. Sometime after upload completes.

It is reproducible on my mkr1000. I will see if i can find the reference again.
dy3

Snippet and link to original below.

Now, simply click the "Upload" button in the environment. Wait a few seconds - you should see the RX and TX leds on the board flashing. If the upload is successful, the message "Done uploading." will appear in the status bar.

A few seconds after the upload finishes, you should see the on-board LED start to blink (in orange). If it does, congratulations! You've gotten your MKR1000 up-and-running. If you have problems, please see the troubleshooting suggestions.

dy3

LOL. I only saw snippet on 'blinkky' upload. Stop laughing!

That text is "generic" as it also mentions an RX and a TX led of which there is neither.

So I sent a sketch to one of my MKR and the orange did not light up at any stage.
The skecth has been running for a good few minutes and still no orange (although I know it will as some point as its a bug in the LIPO firmware.

Arduino people have a habit of re-using items in tutorials and guides etc and its not uncommon to find a few mistakes.

OK I stopped laughing when ya told me to.

Just to contribute to the original topic:

The yellow led starts flashing when

1. No battery is connected
  2. A damaged battery is connected
1 Like