Raspberry pi 3.5" TFT Touch Screen LCD with Arduino

Hello

I just received this screen:

And since I only use my raspberry pi in console mode, I wanted to use this screen with my Arduino.
Do anyone have an idea of how to make it works with Arduino ? (Any library ?)

Thanks !

1 Like

Anyone ?

I'm pretty sure you can use the UTFT Library.

http://www.rinkydinkelectronics.com/library.php?id=51

I have the exact same LCD, I will show how to make it work on instructables :slight_smile: (Will reply when done)

@alexandrerouma Have you made the instructable? I'm struggling with the same issue.

Read this discussion everything you need is here

I am using "Redirect Notice" TFT display with arduino uno board. I have tried with XPT2046, UTFT, Waveshare_ILI9486, MCUFRIEND_kbv etc.libraries for displaying text and images but nothing worked with this TFT. It is working on Raspberry Pi display so there is no issue with Display. Can you suggest any other library or code?

The board is intended for a RaspberryPi.

It "looks" like a Waveshare board.
I suggest that you try Waveshare library code. Waeshare has an Arduino-Shield version that is probably similar to your board but with Arduino header pins.

I do not own this board. I do not intend to write a library for it. (but it would be very simple)

Bodmer supports it for ESP32 and ESP8266 i.e. TFT_eSPI library.
I do not know any "Adafruit_GFX" style library that supports it which will run on a Uno.

Make notes for the Waveshare. And type them in your message.
You will get help if you provide adequate information. e.g. library version, example name, your wiring, your constructor, ...

David.

For reference, I did create the Waveshare_ILI9486 wrapper library which has been tested on the UNO/Mega with genuine Waveshare SPI shift-register based displays (including a basic GFX-style interface). As David points out, it is possible that your board may work with a Waveshare-style driver. Note that I have not yet tested the above library on any of the RPI board variants (so anshumantech's test result is not surprising). I don't recall seeing a schematic or know how the RPI A,B,C variants may differ, but assuming it is still ILI9486-based via 16b shift regs, perhaps some small tweaks to the library or pin connectivity might enable it to work.

anshumantech -- could you confirm what pin connections you were using with the UNO?

thanks