[fixed] Where did private messages go?

Now get "My plans"....

my plans.GIF

my plans.GIF

It's gone.
Some smart a** apparently thought it to be a good idea to replace it by a link to another revenue generator.
You can't go to private messaging (through your profile) any more.

MAS3:
You can't go to private messaging (through your profile) any more.

Implicit in that though, is that there's a "backdoor"?

There might have been if you would have created a bookmark to your PM box.
I doubt PM is really gone, but you can't get to it the way you used to be able to do that.

Here is the link:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=pm

I suspect it was an accident when they updated the website, rather than an intentional change.

Well here's a workaround:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=pm

I got there by clicking on your avatar which also shows an option to PM you.

Oops, pert already posted the same (i didn't get the usual warning though..)

pert:
when they updated the website

Like the upgrade that led to the current complex way of in-lining pix in a thread.

Anyway, thanks both of you: bookmarked now.

pert:
Here is the link:
Arduino Forum

I suspect it was an accident when they updated the website, rather than an intentional change.

Thanks for the link.

I hope the accident gets fixed quickly.

...R

Perhaps as an interim solution until the unseen administrators can fix it, a moderator could put a sticky at the top of popular fora giving the link from reply 4.

Can someone send me a test PM please; I would like to see if it still appears as a pop-up and or the wee yellow dot.

(I did send myself a PM, but since I was obviously still in the PM factory, it appeared immediately in my Inbox so not sure if the pop-up or yellow dot would have appeared..)

PM sent.

Thanks Chris and pert: Just get the yellow blob, no pop-up which is a pitfa.

yellow blob.GIF

yellow blob.GIF

pert told me s/he got a popup and an email when I replied to the test pm.

I used to get popups only, with no email, but had never turned emails on. I got no popup with test PMs now though.

So that made me wonder if the popups are now in the same category as emails, so I turned emails on, and Lo!, I got a popup to an incoming PM.

Bloody stupid way to have to do things, up there with how to get pix into a post, but liveable with I guess.

The issue has been passed along to the team and they are looking into it.

Bob.

Thanks for the feedback.

we are sorry, the issue should be fixed (just wait for cache expire)

Thanks...

I see messages now.

Bob.

Thank you mystery admin!

Resurrecting this post as I juts struggled to find my way back to PM

It seems there is still no direct way to go back to PM section from ones profile. (The direct link helped thanks!).

Is it that sooooo difficult to add a link under the profile icon menu?

That being said the green bar monster issue should be addressed before this one. I can’t even see my alerts any more and scrolling on a smartphone or answering is just super tedious

J-M-L:
It seems there is still no direct way to go back to PM section from ones profile. (The direct link helped thanks!).

My Profile icon (at the top right corner) has a "Messages" link.

I'm using Linux Mint and the Opera browser.

...R