Launch 4j

Hi,
This is a problem I cannot overcome, I have been running ver 0018 on my XP computer with no problems,
I have tried to download and run ver 0022 and I get the above error message.
Stupidly I deleted the old version prior to downloading the new one.
Can anyone tell me why I get this message, what does it relate to and how can I get rid of it and get
my arduino running on my desktop.
Please also bear in mind that I struggle with computers and electronics in general ( old person syndrome )
Thanks
John

What was the error message again?

Hi,
The error massage is Launch 4J.
Cheers
John

Launch 4J is a java application launcher. It may be what the Arduino IDE is using.

What does your error message look like or where does it come from? Is it a pop-up box? Is it inside of a window? This is not a common issue so more information is needed to troubleshoot it.

Also, the download page has the history of packages on it. So you could easily go back to 0018 (and/or step up slowly to 0022 to see when the problem starts to occur.)

The message is in a dialog box which is titled " Launch 4J "
The error message reads:-

" An error occurred while opening the application. "
I have tried to re download the older version and I now get the same message with that.
Regards
John

Maybe try updating your Java installation?

have you updated or switched over to a different anti-virus package recently?

after a long investigation i found the above problem on my computer was caused by a disagreement with panda anti-virus. i had to disable the anti-virus software in order to be able to run the arduino ide without a "launch 4j" error occurring. this seems to be a not-uncommon problem.

try disabling your anti-virus software, then running the ide and see if it works. i don't recommend this as a long-term solution, but if it works will pinpoint the problem.

cheers,
rob :slight_smile:

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies, I have already downloaded the latest version of Java and I have the same
anti virus software ( Macafee ) as before.
I will try it without the anti virus software when I get home and see what happens.
Rgds
John