Paid Project

The LED panel is only to light up for 10 seconds on the hour; no other purpose. I selected it because it seemed like it had a good range of colors and was fairly bright. Additionally due to the shape I figured a circular speaker could fit nicely inside of the ring to help keep the device flatter.

The parts list I believe the device will need:
Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7v 150mAh

Adafruit LiIon/LiPoly Backpack Add-On (OR SIMILAR)

NeoPixel Ring - 12 x 5050 RGB LED

Speaker - 40mm Diameter

Arduino Pro Mini 328 - 3.3V/8 MHz

Breadboard-friendly SPDT Slide Switch

I only need three of these devices; and I'm unsure of the cost to get a custom PCB for such low volume.

The accuracy of the clock only needs to be (Hours:Minutes:Seconds)

The software is part of the project; I previously wrote code for an Arduino board that, when plugged into a computer via USB, would open notepad and write a message; going off of that premise I would like the device to recognize when it is plugged into a computer (Windows OS) and fetch the time.

The device will then use the LiIon battery to passively run a clock (no display necessary) and play a sound/light up the LED on the hour. The device should be able to last at least 10-12 hours before requiring a recharge. The on/off switch is to toggle whether the device plays the sound/lights up or not; not to shut off the running clock.