Phone application

What i am looking for is an application for an android phone that will do the following.

When an incoming call is received it checks against my phonebook.

If the incoming no is not in the phone book or withheld i want it not to ring or possibly to check the origin of the no, before playing a message of my chosing, hopefully something with delaying tactics to rack up their phone bill.

EDIT

Yes i have googled this but found no sensible answers, perhaps i am using the wrong search trms.

The Indian ministry of justice has made some particularly unpleasant calls suggesting that i will be held without representation on terrorism charges if i do not confirm my identity by supplying my bank details.

Only happened since i received my new phone which did not initially work.

I have found calling them a liar to be highly effective. You respond with just the one word no matter what they say. So far the calls have always ended with them frustrated to the point they emit rather nasty cuss words.

Just say you hope everyone in their family dies of cancer.

I have found effective ways also of dealing with them.

Problem is they can ring at odd times , like when i am asleep.
With home phone (landline) i devised an arduino solution to deal with it but on one occasion missed a rather important call in an emergency situation.

LarryD:
Just say you hope everyone in their family dies of cancer.

It was not cancer but that was the call i missed.

Hi,
My good old Nokia C5, tells me who is ringing if they are in my address book, pretty good at pronouncing names, even pizza......

Tom... :slight_smile:

Mine does exactly the same.
The point is i do not want it to ring , especially if i have just done a night shift.

I had an arduino device on landline which allowed numbers starting with 020 allowed which worked OK for a while.

Then Telecom started selling 0203 numbers to anyone on the planet.

Boardburner2:
Yes i have googled this but found no sensible answers, perhaps i am using the wrong search terms.

A search in the Google Play store for "robocall" popped plenty of results. "Truecaller" seems particularly popular.

Chagrin:
A search in the Google Play store for "robocall" popped plenty of results. "Truecaller" seems particularly popular.

The problem is that my sister lives in another country and her telecoms provider doesn't forward the caller's number (abroad?). Those devices block all calls where the caller's number is not present, so it would block her calls. :neutral_face: