Advice on two way communication between the arduino and a webserver.

I'm currently doing a monitoring & control project using the arduino yun. I'm going to monitor certain amount of parameters, datalogging, generate certain graphs for an in depth analysis and have some control aspect such as switching on/off devices. I'm currently building my own web page GUI using microsoft expression web 4 and what i want to achieve is linking both the arduino & my web GUI. I was thinking about hosting my web GUI on google drive. I came across a website called temboo which can actually forward the data my arduino is reading to google spreadsheets for datalogging. Is it possible to actually extract & manipulate the data from the spread sheets and display in on like java based gauge widgets, display the logged data on a table & generate graphs on my GUI? Also for the control aspect of it, how do you go about mapping a control button on the GUI to the arduino through google drive. Any assistance or time saving alternative methods would be greatly appreciated.

..hhhmmm... I don't understand very well your architecture, but if you need for a two way communication library between arduino and a java application server, you can use Ardulink.

kreiss12:
::::SNIP::::
Is it possible to actually extract & manipulate the data from the spread sheets and display in on like java based gauge widgets, display the logged data on a table & generate graphs on my GUI? Also for the control aspect of it, how do you go about mapping a control button on the GUI to the arduino through google drive. Any assistance or time saving alternative methods would be greatly appreciated.

kreiss12,
The answer to your first question is Yes, you can use a Java-based widget on a webpage. I'm sure there are Java modules that can grab the data from the spreadsheet.

First, I should say you are going to be stuck with Java as your base libraries. While you can go back and forth between, JSON (data transport), Javascript (the native language to browsers), HTML5, and Java, you are likely going to do everything in Java and that can be very heavy - mostly because you must load the Java VM everytime you load the page. If your application demands alot of front-end process - say for drawing charts on the fly - then I would say do that. Otherwise consider Java only for your drawing widget, and not your data transport and communication library.

Okay. I have the same question as Ardulink, could you explain your data communication path better? Or would you like suggestions? If so, please let us know what you are most familiar with.

Lastly, your statement of "mapping a control button on the GUI to the arduino through google drive" is a bit broad, can you give us more details. Or would like suggestions here also?

TIA
Jesse