iPAD!!!!!  OMG!!!

The ipad was announced today!

(the ipad is a mac tablet!)

See the live feed (no video) on gizmodo!

meh, it looks like an Iphone for old people

IMO its too large to be a handy portable thing, and too small to do any real work with it, not sure who the target is but everyone at my work has had the same reaction, ohh, and meh

the only thing it does the iphone doesnt is you can change the back ground

how revolutionary

500 bucks for the barebones model it better be able to clean my sink too

Yeah I might get one once you can hack the hell out of it...

It seems a bit too much hype so far. Yes they will probably bring out a new model in a few months but it'll still be expensive. Then asus will bring one out and everyone will buy it!

Mowcius

...and then google will have one with tons of ads, but hey - the GooBlet will be so revolutionary, everyone must have it!

meh, it looks like an Iphone for old people

Yeah, I want one but it's a bit goofy looking. I saw jobs holding it and in my head I could hear him saying "We are on the track of the 50 fit woman. I have found her iPhone".

Yeh, I don't think too highly about it. But when I posted this, I didn't know much. Kinda cool still...

But when I posted this, I didn't know much.

But, you posted anyway?

Does anyone know the price?

price:-
http://www.apple.com/ipad/pricing/

Reported to be between 400 and 800 USD.

!impressed.

I wonder where they got the idea?

The cool thing is that you have to find an intelligent use for it :slight_smile: Who wish to play the game ? :slight_smile:

Reminds me of this funny video:

No USB port?

No multitasking? (Surely even apple people like to play mp3s while writing documents)

No unnaproved software?

$70 for a keyboard?

If microsoft had put this out they would be getting slammed.

The cool thing is that you have to find an intelligent use for it Smiley Who wish to play the game ? Smiley

The PC has similar origins

Yeah, I think it's disappointing that they used the iphone os not the mac os. (or at least closer to the iphone os)

It would be AWESOME if it had usb ports, and it ran Snow leopard, and then you could use an arduino with it!

I was expecting the Iphone like OS, but lack of usb ports? I think my alarm clock even has a usb port on it ::slight_smile:

[edit]yea it does, but its only power >:([/edit]

My CAR has a USB port.