[Solved] Sending Serial Data between Esplora and Uno

It still doesn't work for me... WTH?

edit: let me try what you said in post 22 and 23

Use 'chummerremote', for the Esplora, and 'chummerrx', for the Uno - the sketches that I posted.
(The picture attached shows that I'm working this with you, not that you doubt me,)

Adding my .INOs

IMG_1890.JPG

chummerremote.ino (873 Bytes)

chummerrx.ino (413 Bytes)

In chummerrx (for the Uno), I changed the Dataline pins to 15,16 (A1 and A2) - using A1 was more convenient for me.

I really appreciate your help, I'm just baffled that I can't manage to get this to work.. I tried everything in post 25 with no success..

? ? ?
Attaching a wiring diagram.
Confirm the serial out from the Esplora (as previously described), no connections to anything but the LED/resistor.

My setup looks just like the diagram. I'll go as far as taking a video of me uploading both codes and me pressing the buttons. This is probably a dumb mistake I'm not seeing that I'm wasting your time with.

If you're using my INOs, unmodified, then it's the wiring.
Please confirm that you've verified the serial out of the Esplora with the LED test.

yes, it passes the LED test.

Well, I'll wait for your pics, or video, so long as things can be scrutinized.
If you need a youtube, I can manage that, too. ( I don't have a tripod or a cameraman though. )

Thank you so much for helping me to this point... I have a video uploading now.

I was wondering why my Uno 'L' LED was so dim.
It's because there's a mistake in the pinMode (chummerrx) - it should be pinMode(Lpin,OUTPUT);
(I wrote LOW instead of OUTPUT - it's much better with 'OUTPUT'!)
:grin:

I made that change, still no luck. I made a video, this is before the change - - YouTube

I'll upload a clearer photo as well. One moment

Your resistor is brown-black-yellow looks like?
If so, that is 100k. Might be too much.
Brown-black-orange is 10k, red-red-orange is 22k.

(Yellow LED with no resistor - unrelated, but stop that.)

My resistor is brown, black, orange ; it's a 10k resistor, just poor lighting

regarding the led, sorry, bad habit, it's just convenient

OK, it may make no difference, but could you try it with A1 (in case anything "happened" to D3)?

Hoping your jumper-dudes there are solid. I'm uploading an "unlisted" to youtube, very slow.

My LED was not wired correctly :-[

Solutions on reply 21 and 25.

Hi. I followed the whole thread but I'm not having results... I uploaded the files chummerx and chummerremote, connected the Esplora's TXD1 to a resistor (Brown, black, red, yellow) and then the resistor to the 3~ pin on the UNO. Then I connected a led to the 13 pin and a resistor to the ground, and the grounds of the arduinos together