How to attach a potentiometer to a servo motor shaft

raschemmel:
That covers everything from 1 cm to who knows how large.
Can you narrow it down by adding the current rating ? (or motor size in mm ?)

What about this ? (you also haven't mentioned speed criteria (degrees per second etc)

Fogive me for being a noob. Im not fully sure exactly how to figure that out.

Here is the application.

Im automating a lawn mower. There are handle bars that pivot at the bottom. Partway uo their attached to a rod. This gives lonear motion. The end of the rod attaches to the hydro controls. I havent measured the throw distance, but somewhere around an inch at the connecting rod. The valve itself takes virtually no effort but there is a shock absorber. It may take a bit of strength to overcome the shock absorber. Im not sure how to measure it. For testing i can use my old mower without shock absorbers on.

I will need to convert the motion from the servo to linear. Putting an arm on it would work. But threat still take quite a bit of strength from the motor. The longer the lever the more torque is needed. Im just not sure how to measure it.

Rotations per minute probably depends. The higher up on the handle bars the longer the throw. The less Needed toque and slightly needed rpms per minute. But in general. Slower rotation higher torque iss needed.

I can take some pics and measurmnts when i get home. Just let me know what you need to see

Thanks