Centipede Shield - also a contest!

Hmm - wish I knew about this contest way-back-when (I wasn't a member of the forum then, though)...

I have an i-Cybie that absolutely needs a new micro-controller; I found the robot at a local Goodwill (its amazing what you can find at Goodwill). I found that the controller that is in it was never fully reverse-engineered, and the only real way that people found to custom control it was via an interface port for special "cartridges". The problem though was that these cartridges (which were some kind of flash) only came with the "deluxe unit" that had the "walk up" charger; you needed one of these carts to have the proper fingers to interface with the slot, and you had to be running Windows for the little code/hacking that was done...

...and the i-Cybie faded from memory (it was released at xmas when the PS2 was released - that basically killed it).

Which is too bad - it was basically an "el-cheapo" version of the Aibo; sometimes you can find them on Ebay.

I just need a controller with a ton of i/o ports, for all the motors, feedback sensors, etc that are in the device. Then again, I need another project like a hole in the head...

:stuck_out_tongue: