Controlling 12v Pneumatic Valves

Right i am new to Arduino's, but i do have a basic understanding of programming. I am doing a little winter project, trying to design and program a pneumatic shift mechanism. I have four 2 way pneumatic vales that i would like to control and program a series of events.

I have no idea what Arduino equipment or programs i will need to do this, firstly to switch the valve from position 1 to 2 the 12v polarity will need to be reversed. There will be 5 events, i would like to cycle through them with two buttons, one button to cycle up the events and another to cycle down them. Each event will always include at least 2 relay triggers. i would also like each event to take less than 500ms.

As i said i am new to this but would really like to get to know Arduino's and take full advantage of them.

I'm not exactly sure how to reverse the polarity of the motor but first of all, you would need a MOSFET to control the motor because the arduino can output only 5V and you said that the engine works on 12
and also the arduino only capable of powering small motors.
So MOSFET will let you switch between on and off while connecting the motor to an external power supply unit and just with the signal of the arduino you'll be able to control the motor and still use 12V.

Jasonz91:
Right i am new to Arduino's, but i do have a basic understanding of programming. I am doing a little winter project, trying to design and program a pneumatic shift mechanism. I have four 2 way pneumatic vales that i would like to control and program a series of events.

I have no idea what Arduino equipment or programs i will need to do this, firstly to switch the valve from position 1 to 2 the 12v polarity will need to be reversed. There will be 5 events, i would like to cycle through them with two buttons, one button to cycle up the events and another to cycle down them. Each event will always include at least 2 relay triggers. i would also like each event to take less than 500ms.

As i said i am new to this but would really like to get to know Arduino's and take full advantage of them.

No datasheets for your hardware? Please post full details of all the hardware you mention, otherwise
its impossible to help sensibly...

If a valve needs bidirectional drive you will need an H-bridge. But without seeing the data on the valve
we've no way to check that's the case.

This is the only info i have on the actuators,

Product Name Solenoid Valve Set
Model 4V110-06
Working Pressure 1.5-8Kgf/cm2
Working Voltage DC 12V
Position & Way Number 2 Position 5 Way
Base Size 7.8 x 5.8 x 2cm/3.1" x 2.3" x 0.78"(LW*T)
Inlet/Outlet Quick Fitting Inner Dia
6mm

Side Fittings Inner Dia 8mm
Muffler Size 13 x 15mm/0.51" x 0.59"(Thread D* L)
Mounted Hole Dia. 4.5mm/ 0.18"
Total Size 11.5 x 9.5 x 6cm/4.5" x 3.7" x 2.4"(LWH)
External Material Metal, Plastic
Color Black, Silver Tone, Gold Tone
Net Weight 672g
Package Content 1 x Solenoid Valve Set

Do you mean this one: https://www.stcvalve.com/Product-Literature/4V110-410.pdf?

or maybe this: http://tinymicros.com/mediawiki/images/1/11/Airtac_4V110-06_Datasheet.pdf?