Help me make a code - read RX serial, and print data to serial LCD (four pins)

Any tips on how to go about this?

For what its worth, my code will have to work together with reading IR, and sending TX serial to the same device that I'm going to display RX data from.

Cheers!

Serial input basics.
My favorite I2C LCD library,

Which Arduino are you using? Have you read the "how to use the forum-please read" stickies. There are hints about what we need to know in order to help you there. See #11.

Please post a schematic of the project.

I'm using an UNO, but I also have a Mega lying around that could be used if need be.

Thank you for links :slight_smile:

I sounds like 2 serial ports would be convenient. One to communicate with the device and one (Serial-USB) for upload and debug so the Mega might be better to use. You can do the same with an Uno, using a software serial port, but the Mega would be easier and allow faster baud rates for the second port (Serial1).

groundFungus:
I sounds like 2 serial ports would be convenient. One to communicate with the device and one (Serial-USB) for upload and debug so the Mega might be better to use. You can do the same with an Uno, using a software serial port, but the Mega would be easier and allow faster baud rates for the second port (Serial1).

Thank you for that answer. Seems logical when you put it like that :slight_smile: