Screwdriver motor

@michinyon: Yes, the cordless screwdriver turns in both directions. Obviously a drill and a screwdriver may behave differently as they're different applications. The attraction of this particular motor is that it runs on 6V, specifically 4xAA batteries, and it has very high torque - at least with the screwdriver gearbox attached. Unfortunately I don't have a pulley that fits this motor, so measuring the motor torque by itself is tricky. The other noticeable feature of the motor is how powerful the permanent magnets are. My other motors may have magnets inside, but none of them will pick up objects off my desk. I can't find any references that say that (large) permanent magnet motors have higher torque, but that seems intuitive to me. And of course the gearbox will magnify that... though I'm not certain how to calculate the gear ratio for a two stage epicyclic gearbox (*).

(*) Each stage has three planets with 19 teeth each. The motor pinion has 6 teeth. The annular ring has 48 teeth I think.