Single colour, non-addressable LED strip?

I have been scouring the web for a 5M 5V White led strip, addressable or not, for a project, however I can't seem to find anything like this. I would like to incorporate this into my project, but using RGBs just seems too expensive for me, especially if I'm only driving one colour (white) out of them. I have an LED string, however it is not nearly bright enough. Is there anything like what I am looking for, or do I have to settle for RGBs? I have a 1M strip, however I am currently using it in a cool music visualizer project I have already completed.

Thanks.

What is your budget?

See:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=70323&cat=1,43349,70322

YeloMelo, every single-colour strip I have ever seen is 12V, including LarryD's link, I've never seen 5V except the adressable rgb strips. It makes sense to use 12V for single colour because it keeps the current lower, so generating less heat and more light.

Why do you need to use 5V?

For brighter strips, choose the 5050 size led strips with as many leds per metre as you can find. You can get 120 leds per metre on a wide strip with two leds accross.

Paul

There are a few USB powered white led strips around on the usual chinese seller sites. but in a quick look I only saw up to 2m ones

I find if you contat the sellers that have something similar to what you want they can often find what you need.

I have been scouring the web for a 5M 5V White led strip,

Top Google hit for me is:-
http://www.led-supplies.com/led-strip-lighting-low-cost-economy-series?gclid=CjwKEAjwmfKpBRC8tb3Mh5rs23ASJACWy1QPmhY2Zhk7lU6GFvl1PSFRzo5Llo3jXYce1wnuQjC0ohoCNG3w_wcB

Grumpy_Mike:
Top Google hit

operating from a 12vdc input (unless indicated)

I can't find an option that indicates 5V. Can you spot it?

I have been scouring the web for a 5M 5V White led strip, addressable or not, for a project, however I can't seem to find anything like this.

So when you say "like this" do you mean :-

1. Similar to this - which is what the word "like" means.
  2. Exactly this - which is another matter. Why is the 5V bit important?

If the LED display is rated for a lower voltage(e.g. 3.7, put a low value resistor in line with the power supply.
The ohms of the resistor = (5-[Strip Voltage])/[strip amperage].
Choose a resistor with a sufficient power rating to avoid fire/smoke/burns.

arduinorgb:
If the LED display is rated for a lower voltage(e.g. 3.7, put a low value resistor in line with the power supply.
The ohms of the resistor = (5-[Strip Voltage])/[strip amperage].
Choose a resistor with a sufficient power rating to avoid fire/smoke/burns.

arduinorgb, did you post this answer by mistake? Was it meant for another thread?

The OP has not replied, my guess is they are not going to now. So here it one last suggestion.

The OP wishes to use 5V supply, reason not explained.

This DC-DC step-up converter could take a 5V supply and create a supply for a 12V single colour strip.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-XL6009-DC-DC-Adjustable-Step-up-boost-Power-Converter-Module-Replace-LM2577-/271532707165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f389c4d5d

I estimate a 5m 12V strip would draw around 5m x 60 leds/m / 3 leds in series x 20mA = 2A, so the above device should in theory cope with the required currents.

To dim/fade the strip with pwm, a logic-level power mosfet could be used to switch the 12V output from the converter (as opposed to pwm-ing the 5V input to the convertor, which I would guess would not work).