I need some help in making a robot vacuum cleaner

My project is to make a robot vacuum cleaner with a infrared sensor for object detection and cliff detection and line sensor.how can i used infrared sensor cliff detection and auto recharging(self recharging).Need some help in programming the robot.And choose the best arduino microcontroller for low cost project.
please Help me

OK, show us what you've done so far.

i have not started the the project yet because i dont know which sensor,controller etc are suitable for this robot as i am new to the robotic world

My project is to make a robot vacuum cleaner with a infrared sensor for object detection and cliff detection and line sensor.how can i used infrared sensor cliff detection and auto recharging(self recharging).Need some help in programming the robot.And choose the best arduino microcontroller for low cost project.
please Help me.i have not started the the project yet because i dont know which sensor,controller etc are suitable for this robot as i am new to the robotic world

Madni:
i have not started the the project yet because i dont know which sensor,controller etc are suitable for this robot as i am new to the robotic world

You've decided to jump into the deep end then: that's not a trivial project.

So I'd suggest you start with a starter kit (either the Arduino product or from any of a number of other suppliers), and probably one of the simple wheeled robot kits, and find your feet. You need to get to terms with the programming and the whole idea of reading sensors and activating things like motors and so on.

You are right but i have participate in a school project and cant step backward

Learning how to do stuff is not stepping backwards.

the last date of submitting project is 23 october

I am making a robot and i want to know can i used IR sensor as cliff and obstacle detector?please help me...

So are you supposed to take an existing vacuum cleaner off the shelf, so to speak, and automate it- A vacuum cleaner that has not been designed for the fitting of motors and sensors? Or have you got a powered vacuum cleaner that can run around already? Does it have a recharge mechanism already?

I want to use a arduino micro controller,mini vacuum pump or computer turbine fan,IR sensor and ultrasonic sensor for obstacle detection and IR sensor for self recharging and cliff sensor and will run on rechargeable battery

Please Help I am waiting for the answer

How to use Ir sensor as a cliff and obstacle detector. please help me

Firstly stop making new threads about this robot.

Secondly don't be so impatient: this is a forum not a help desk; members will respond as and when they can. To chase for a response in less than 15 minutes is ridiculous, not that you should be chasing for a response at all.

Thirdly, tell us what you have found already. There are lots of examples around on this, what did your research uncover? Oh, you're "waiting for the answer".....

My friend tell me that we can use IR transistor and a discrete IR LED as a cliff detector that will help the robot not to fall on the edges and stairs .Thats all I know.And Sorry for the post

Please do not cross-post. This wastes time and resources as people attempt to answer your question on multiple threads.

Threads merged.

Don't keep doing that! Can you give me the email address of your teacher? I'd like to tell him you aren't attempting to do it yourself but spamming a forum instead.

This isn't a homework-solving forum. Show us what you have tried to do.

Maybe what we should do is tell the teacher this is hardly a school project, although some countries refer to college/uni as "school". It's certainly not something to be done in 10 days, although of course we have no idea how long the OP has had to work on it already.

Homing to a charger?.... pretty advanced stuff I'd say.

The college allow us to take help of any one XD

Madni:
The college allow us to take help of any one XD

So, go buy a Roomba, and say that they "helped" you make a robot vacuum cleaner.

A project of this complexity, from a starting point of zero, is absurd.

And by tomorrow week?.....