Garage door opener N000959 Ultra Stand with Arduino board

Hello, Am new to this forum and seeking some help today. Am trying to figure out how to connect these things to an Arduino so i can program it to work correctly... Problem with it now is that the garage door isn't opening and closing, it get stuck.. and am thinking it is a programming issue. That's why i want to connect this to an Arduino. maybe also putting it on Ethernet or Bluetooth but that's something in the future, for now i just want it too work

Problem is that i don't really know how. Theoretical am thinking of installing it like a stepper motor but in a big version, hehe... and just program it so when a button or rely is switched it goes down or the other way around and just calculate the rev per second/minutes..

Problem is that i don't know how too wire so the arduino connects to the board, or how to connect the motor to the arduino. would be glad if anyone know how to and want too explain or maybe link to a project or anything in that way.

Have more picture if needed, cannot upload more due to limitations.

45345345345.jpg

The "How to use this forum" sticky gives tips on making a sensible post. If you follow the instructions, you can hope for helpful answers.

jremington:
The "How to use this forum" sticky gives tips on making a sensible post. If you follow the instructions, you can hope for helpful answers.

Can you please elaborate what it is in my post that doesn't follow the guidelines?

There is no useful information in the post.

No description of the door machinery, the original door control mechanism, the wiring, the Arduino, the Arduino program or even the actual problem except that the door "get stuck".

Hmm... the only thing i wanted to know is how i can connect the ”motor” (check the picture) to the arduino board? The problem is that i don’t know how to wire it. That is explained in the first post, but maybe thats not enough? In the picture you can see all the wiring and the board. Just wanted to move those connections to the Arduino board (the one that fits it the best) or atleast the motor part..

And which arduino board am using is kind of irrelevant because i will use the things that gets recommended in this thread..

The problem is that i don't know how to wire it.

Neither do forum members, because a picture of a motor, or a circuit board with no identifying characteristics, does not provide any useful information.

You need to know the operating voltage and the stall current of the motor. Once you know those things, you can select and buy an Arduino compatible motor driver. Pololu has a good selection.

You could try to find the service manual for your opener, which will require knowing the manufacturer and the model number, plus possibly the serial number. You may have to pay for it.

However, judging from your questions, this is far too difficult a project for you and since the circuitry definitely involves life-hazardous voltages, no one would recommend that you undertake it.

I don't see the safety device in your pictures. The one that stops the door if something is in the way of the door closing.

Paul

robinn94:
Hmm... the only thing i wanted to know is how i can connect the ”motor” (check the picture) to the arduino board? The problem is that i don’t know how to wire it. That is explained in the first post, but maybe thats not enough? In the picture you can see all the wiring and the board. Just wanted to move those connections to the Arduino board (the one that fits it the best) or atleast the motor part..

And which arduino board am using is kind of irrelevant because i will use the things that gets recommended in this thread..

Okay thanks! No am not good at electricity, however am learning and i know this high voltage combined with high ampere is lethal. Thats why am asking information on how to learn these things because i know that doing this by my own with an trial and error kind of a way is likely gonna get me killed.

I do now understand what you are meaning by information! Am gonna lookup the information you wanted and get a more detailed description of everything and upload it later on in this thread.

Paul_KD7HB:
I don't see the safety device in your pictures. The one that stops the door if something is in the way of the door closing.

Paul

Wait until my next post and i will have a more detailed description of everything, i do now understand that the information i have provided is far from enough.

check the pictures, the model and type, and the brand name etc. The Rotary motor runs on 24V/DC it has serial number "T14118"

In a paper with the technical information it is written the following
"Power absorption at nominal load = 150 W " (roughly translated)

Here is the information folder in english Information folder

The Picture..

The manual PDF is of no help at all. Only a service type manual could help more.

Paul

Given that limited motor specification, you will need a 24V, 250-300 Watt power supply and a 36V, 10-15 Ampere motor controller.

Electric mini bikes and scooters use parts like that, but are not intended for use with Arduino.

This is not a beginner's project.