Arduino Installation

Hey guys, I downloaded the arduino IDE for windows, however, sometimes I encounter some problem when opening the application. It stated that some errors encountered when opening the application and my arduio IDE is very lag when I wanna choose the tools menu..Help pls.. My computer running intel core i5 and window 7 home premium..8GB ram.

Thank you

On some platforms bluetooth devices can interfere with Arduino, check your device manager for conflicts/ optionally shut the BT down and try again.

robtillaart:
On some platforms bluetooth devices can interfere with Arduino, check your device manager for conflicts/ optionally shut the BT down and try again.

whats BT ?

robtillaart:

My tools option is way too lag..why ?

BT is Bluetooth.

@robtillaart was suggesting you disable any Bluetooth devices that my be on your system. When the Arduino IDE starts up it will enumerate all the COM ports on the system and when you select the Tools menu it will enumerate all COM ports again. Bluetooth devices are known to be very slow to respond when enumerated in this way and that is what causes the lag in the IDE.

Disabling any Bluetooth devices or any other COM port device that you are not using for the Arduino can help solve this slow response problem.