The easiest way to teach yourself C++ in 21 days.

For all people out there desperate to learn C++. Here's how to learn C++ in 21 days.

From Abstruse Goose | How to Teach Yourself Programming

Korman

;D

Tee hee!

And for using an Arduino only then can move on to learning how to solder (hint, not wearing shorts ) and then learn which end of a wire is the positive end and other useful hardware stuff like that.

big problem - killing your past self would mean you can't be alive in the future,
so you cannot go back in time to kill your self, so you are alive and able to do it,
meaning you would be dead so could not return from the future...

Basically, you would form a time travel paradox.

Nah, just enable the internal pull-up and that problem goes away.

Onions, not if you have the flux capacitor! ;D
Starting today I'll protect myself so well that my future self won't be able to kill me. Maybe I should kill my future self to rid my problem all together. I'll see who's smarter me or my future self, in the race to build the flux capacitor.

Once I succeed, I will travel to the future, kill my future self, then, haha, I'm smarter than that, travel back in time and kill my past self so as I live into the future my past self, who becomes present, won't live to invent the flux capacitor and come after me.

That's the plan ::slight_smile:

;D

Well. I'll just aim to teach myself C++ in 14610 days, and retire. The world is probably better off without the age-reversing potion anyway.

If the multi-universe theory is true, probably not, as there would still be universes in existence (not on your timeline, though) where you didn't kill yourself...

::slight_smile:

cr0sh, you beat me by 2 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well.. as far as killing your younger self goes...
If you view time from a non-liniair perspective..
Wouldn't your younger self be nothing more than a clone? :stuck_out_tongue:
Its you, but younger.. thus not you... thus, a clone!
Killing a clone can't be that bad, right? :sunglasses:

ste hughes like this

Well then using that line of logic, um.... how should I put this? Let's say "kissing*" yourself is alright too cause it's just a modified version of.... "kissing".

*Replace with someone who's good at preparing their hook for going fishing.

I knew there was a catch (22?) with those "teach yourself anything in 21 days" courses :stuck_out_tongue:

I knew there was a catch (22?) with those "teach yourself anything in 21 days" courses

Likely, the catch is you must have 21 completely free days. In addition, you must already have pre-existing skills which will allow you to pick up whatever it is you are studying (ie, for C++ in 21 days, you better already have a good programming base behind you, and be familiar with at least some of the concepts of OOP). Finally, you probably should have really good reading comprehension and retention skills - along with a strong desire to succeed.

It can be done, I'm sure (for an interesting story of "learning how to program in a short period of time", look up the story of how Sierra Online - now Sierra Entertainment - was started).

:slight_smile:

I once hired a programmer that wrote one of the early books with this title. He took pride in writing code that few people could understand, much less support.

I laugh every time I see one of these books.

I'm on Day 10 now :stuck_out_tongue: