Arduino GSM Shield 2 (A000106) does not work, whatever I try - Please help

Hi all,
I am having some issues with my GSM Shield 2 (A000106 on Arduino Store). I cannot seem to get it working at all. I have checked my SIM card in a phone and unlocked it. Every example I have run from the GSM library does not work. I have trawled all over the internet looking for solutions and cannot find anything helpful. I am also sure to turn the module on at the power button each time (as I have read this may be a problem).

I did see some mention that Arduino’s IDE is not updated to work with the Shield/ the library may be incompatible but the Arduino page says it should be simple plug in, load up and example and start coding.

So I have started from the beginning. I tried loading up the ‘Band Management’ example and I uploaded it. The code uploads but I get the following messages in the error log.

‘In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\GSM\src/GSM.h:46:0,

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\GSM\examples\Tools\BandManagement\BandManagement.ino:26:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\GSM\src/GSM3ShieldV1BandManagement.h:49:125: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration

typedef enum GSM3GSMBand {UNDEFINED, EGSM_MODE, DCS_MODE, PCS_MODE, EGSM_DCS_MODE, GSM850_PCS_MODE, GSM850_EGSM_DCS_PCS_MODE};

^

Sketch uses 14478 bytes (44%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 1392 bytes (67%) of dynamic memory, leaving 656 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

I am no expert, but am I right in thinking that the library is outdated/ not compatible with this new GSM Shield and is intended to be used with the Integrated Antenna version?
Thanks all.

Hello !

Well, this is a warning, does not imply that it don't work anyway

What happen exactly when you transfer on the arduino ?

You should open the Arduino programme. Be sure to select your board ond port in the Tools meny. Then go to Examples - GSM - and select SendSMS, upload to your Arduino board and check the working. Next upload and check the ReceiveSMS. Theise should be working codes.