missing links to asm instructions sets in Reference

hi
the subject tell all, do i have to comment on why asm instructions sets are needed ?

check e.g. - AVR-Tutorial -

thanks rob, try to put this link in refs :wink:

There are links to the chip datasheets, and the chip manufacturer, in various places. That should be sufficient.
Otherwise: yes - you have to explain why you think a vendor of a HLL IDE should document chip instruction sets.

hi westfw
arduino is atmel based
as it is for open-source easy it should for the less provide link for documentation for operations on proc that it should offer that it don't give as it is tagged "hard"
also inline asm is usable in arduino (a reason more)

as it is for open-source easy it should for the less provide link for documentation for operations on proc that it should offer that it don't give as it is tagged "hard"

I have no idea what that random selection of words means.

awol it is not random
arduino is for beginners and for open-source
it should have the documents to everything sold with the name "arduino"
it should give programming interfaces and macro for asm on proc of all arduino boards too
i wrote that it should give links to the documents as they exist somewhere
someone wanting to do asm can manage using tools anyway

OK, maybe Google translation rendered it random.

Is your shift key broken?

no they are not
sorry i'll remember that you need big name AWOL

vector0:
arduino is for beginners and for open-source

The fact that it is open source is not a guarantee it is a perfect product.
In fact I think it is impossible to include all documentation, it is far more than one can imagine and most is available on the internet just 2 or 3 googles away. (but most people do not know how to use the extended features of google).
E.g. Arduino uses C/C++ with dedicated libraries but it does not provide a C/C++ course. But there are plenty good books and websites to do that.

it should have the documents to everything sold with the name "arduino"

I disagree because the complete document set would be extremely large. The Arduino.cc site is not the best website definitely not, but it provides a lot of information and links. And the amount is growing by the day.

it should give programming interfaces and macro for asm on proc of all arduino boards too

No as the core processors differ that would mean different documentation. The core of the Arduino philosophy is that you have one C/C++ language together with Arduino libraries that will run on many different boards. The sketches are quite portable (to certain extend)
Assembler code is definitely not.

i wrote that it should give links to the documents as they exist somewhere
someone wanting to do asm can manage using tools anyway

I agree there is a lot to be improved wrt documentation, including assembly.
You (we) can create a page on the playground with links to assembler and assembler related issues.

Note that the moderators of the forum have no moderation rights on the website

If you can't find the instruction set references for the Arduino core processors, based on the information already on the Arduino pages, you're not going to get anywhere with assembly language, anyway...

i found no complete opcodes map for avr :frowning:
ok i'll make a small app on my leo board to exec arbitrary opcode send by my pc
so i will have the map
then i will work on gcc asm output for arduino lib
and finally i should be able to make what i want
when i will have one os that run on my leo i will share with you all
the os should be compatible with arduino concept and scripted from almost the same api

i found no complete opcodes map for avr

You didn't find the one in the processor datasheet?

http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc0856.pdf is probably what you want.
Each chip datasheet has an "instruction set summary", but they fail to go into enough detail for anyone to start writing assembler code. The "AVR Instruction set" document linked above describes the union of all existing AVR chips, and not all of them implement all of the instructions described in the document.

complete opcodes map

A "map" doesn't work too well, because the instructions are 16bits, and don't always divide nicely into opcode/src/dst fields.
However, there is this attempt: avr-instructionset-print.pdf - Google Drive

http://avrfreaks.net is a better site to discuss AVR assembly language. There are (many) tutorials there as well.