My Arduino Uno L LED light keeps flashing orange HELP PLEASE?

Hey

MY L LED light keeps blinking since i have pluged my board into my computer! NONE of the code i put into the microchip workes! i have connected a paralax ping sensor and i have used the code that the sofware has come with and it still does not work! please help? and the L LED light keeps blinking? PLEASE HELP ME?

thanks Jcrifffel

Sounds like your Arduino came with the Blink sketch pre-installed.

What example PING sketch are you using?

Does it appear to upload correctly?

Hey

I am using the sketch from the arduino site and it uploads correctly but just deos not work!

How do i get rid of the flashing led?

thanks
JCRiffel

If the other code isn't working, but the led is still flashing, seems to me that the new code didn't actually load. Did it say it had finished successfully?

Try something like this, just to see if new codes are uploading properly. This should just make the led stop.

void setup() {

// do nothing except force 13 led off
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(13, LOW);

}

void loop() {

}

Hey Thanks for the code! it does not work? It says successfully uploaded?

thanks JCRiffel

Sorry, I have no idea, other than to think the board may be faulty in some way....

i dont know? Thanks for your help!

Thanks
JCRiffel

But can you please share this so i can get some help?

Thanks JCRiffel

Just to be sure: picture of the board and screen of the arduino IDE when it's done uploading the sketch please?

OK cool but how? i cannot attach a pic onto this chat?

jcriffel:
OK cool but how? i cannot attach a pic onto this chat?

Click Additional Options... below the box where you type.

What happens when you press the reset button, does it still keep blinking?
How fast is it blinking?

If it is blinking really fast then that might mean there is a loose port connected from the USB jack which could lead to programming malfunctions. It happened to me.