A software UI to control and display data from arduino

Hi all
I'm working on a project to automate a machine using arduino. I have temparature sensors,flow meters and rpm sensors to be read and also i need to control a few switches using arduino.
It will be great if there is an interfacing software to view the live data feed from those sensors and switches to control those relays from a pc which is connected to the arduino via a wifi/ethernet.

note: We have arduino friendly app to control these functions, what i need a software on our pc to do the same.

Thanks

If you mean a ready-to-use PC program then I am not aware of any. But that does not mean they don't exist because I have never needed one.

I have used Python to create a PC program to control an Arduino and used HTML etc to make the GUI part which then appears in a browser on the PC.

You may (or may not) be interested in this EzScrn demo in which the definition of the output is within the Arduino program.

...R

Makerplot is a user configurable interface, that works on windows OS XP, Vista, 7 and 8.1. The learning curve is kind of steep, but it has a pretty good PDF manual. Some of the necessary functions aren't outlined in the manual however, but the designer Martin is super helpful.

I have successfully used this interface to do precisely what you are looking for.

From my list "GUI to Display Arduino Data / Control Arduino"
For your inspiration.

Arduino Graph
works with Processing or Max/MSP (V5): arduino.cc/en/tutorial/Graph

LiveGraph
live-graph.org
Tutorial: adafruit.com: Tips-for-using-livegraph...

LogView
Universal visualizing tool
Windows and Linux (LvCmd with Mono)
For GUI and command line
logview.info
Processing - Arduino, Handbuch? - Deutsch - Arduino Forum (German)

Proview
Open Source Software for Linux. Can work with Arduino.
proview.se

Windows Forms
Interface for making GUIs. Part of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
Wikipedia: Windows Forms

KODA FromDesigner
A standalone application that was developed to help creating forms (GUIs) for AutoIt3 scripting language.
koda.darkhost.ru

SerialComInstruments
Display and visualize data from serial. Control microcontroller via serial port.
serialcominstruments.com/instrument.php (Website in German language.)

Arduino Dashboard
PC frontend for the Arduino. It provides controls that usually take along time to build on a breadboard.
mathias-wilhelm.de: arduino-dashboard (English)

Python
Demo of Arduino control with a Python GUI program
Demo of PC-Arduino comms using Python
EzScrn - simple PC / smartphone interface for your Arduino program

Visual Basic - Example
Arduino-and-visual-basic-receiving-data-from-the-arduino

Control Arduino via Internet
Blynk.cc

Automate / Arduino / Windows
EventGhost

Arduino as webserver - display sensordata charts
Plot Arduino's port status on a svg animated image

1 Like

uxomm:
For your inspiration.

Useful list, thanks. I have bookmarked your Post.

...R

uxomm:
For your inspiration.

Arduino Graph
works with Processing or Max/MSP (V5): arduino.cc/en/tutorial/Graph

LiveGraph
live-graph.org
Tutorial: adafruit.com: Tips-for-using-livegraph...

LogView
Universal visualizing tool
Windows and Linux (LvCmd with Mono)
For GUI and command line
logview.info
Processing - Arduino, Handbuch? - Deutsch - Arduino Forum (German)

Proview
Open Source Software for Linux. Can work with Arduino.
proview.se

Windows Forms
Interface for making GUIs. Part of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
Wikipedia: Windows Forms

KODA FromDesigner
A standalone application that was developed to help creating forms (GUIs) for AutoIt3 scripting language.
koda.darkhost.ru

SerialComInstruments
Display and visualize data from serial. Control microcontroller via serial port.
serialcominstruments.com/instrument.php (Website in German language.)

Arduino Dashboard
PC frontend for the Arduino. It provides controls that usually take along time to build on a breadboard.
mathias-wilhelm.de: arduino-dashboard (English)

Python
Demo of Arduino control with a Python GUI program
Demo of PC-Arduino comms using Python
EzScrn - simple PC / smartphone interface for your Arduino program

Visual Basic - Example
Arduino-and-visual-basic-receiving-data-from-the-arduino

Control Arduino via Internet
Blynk.cc

Automate / Arduino / Windows
EventGhost

Arduino as webserver - display sensordata charts
Plot Arduino's port status on a svg animated image

Thanks. Ill look forward to it.

I've made an environment for Arduino/visual studio to create finite state machines and present & control the I/O on a PC via a serial connection. It is now also possible to make trends and log I/O in an access database. See also my website www.jbsiemonsma.nl

JelleSiemonsma:
I've made an environment for Arduino/visual studio to create finite state machines and present & control the I/O on a PC via a serial connection. It is now also possible to make trends and log I/O in an access database. See also my website www.jbsiemonsma.nl

Ok. Is that a source code available or i can get it as a software?

Look in the website under "visual studio repository". There is a zip file named "example 17-02-13". It contains the sketch and the vs application. Available until coming friday. Click on the button "details" for info regarding the zip file. Succes!

Check out MegunoLink too. It lets you create custom user interfaces and has an Arduino library with examples which makes getting started easy.

@Jelle Siemonsma, hi!
Is it possible to use your tool via ethernet connection too?

Thank you in advance

No, only by serial connection and by wifi. For the wifi option, a esp8266 is connected to the MEGA board and via a router connected to a windows pc. For serial a bleutooth, serial to usb, or a radio connection (like apc220) can be used on serial1.

You can also the Python Banyan Framework. It has demos to control and monitor an Arduino Uno using either a Web page or Tkinter.

The demos use PyMata-Express and Firmata-Express

Python Banyan uses the LAN as a software backplane, so you can have the GUI running on one machine and the Arduino control software running on another.