2 wheel vs. 4 wheel

What is better for a sumobot platform?
2 wheel or 4 wheel considering the maneuverability,speed and I will be using it for a mini sumobot

I don't know Sumobot, but in terms of maneuverability, you can't beat a 2 wheel differential steered platform. If the powered wheels are on the centerline it can turn (spin) in place (zero turning radius). In terms of speed they could be the same. In terms of stability I would have to give that to the 4 wheel bot.

in terms of maneuverability, you can't beat a 2 wheel differential steered platform.

The 4-wheel versions are basically "Skid-Steer" like some construction equipment loaders. LOST of friction, and very hard to turn on carpet etc.

The 2-wheel versions like the one HERE: with a caster wheel have very low friction.

But in Sumo you do need traction to "Push The Other Guy" -- right??

Sumos are commonly 4 wheel for stability. The 2 rear wheels could be idlers without motors for 'casual' use.

If you look at all the great robots from from RFL there were 2 and 4 wheel whiners. It depends on what you are going for. Look up Biohazard and Team Nightmare. That will give you an example of a 4 wheel and 2 wheel robot. Personally I like 4 wheel robots.