Help with schematic: ICSP with ATMEGA328-AI and resonator.

I just want to post a picture of my schematic to see if you guys can spot something hooked up wrong. And I know the button is connected wrong I just haven't really set that up yet.

(deleted)

Also if your not using serial (AND HAVE A BOOTLOADER) - connect Rx and Tx to GND.

Would you care to explain your reasoning behind this recommendation?

Don

You need to connect a 0.1uF capacitor to pin 20 and connect pin 18 to +5V. The push button is correct and will work if you enable the internal pull up resistors.

I just want to post a picture of my schematic to see if you guys can spot something hooked up wrong.

Your diagram shows a 'MEGA8-AI' for the processor number but your subject line indicates you are using an 'ATmega328-AI'. I can't find a datasheet for either of these devices (with the AI suffix), but the pin numbers on your diagram do not match either the ATmega8 or the ATmega328. Which one of us is confused?

Don

floresta:
but the pin numbers on your diagram do not match either the ATmega8 or the ATmega328.
Don

It's not correct for the 28 pin DIP-version, but agrees with 32 pin TQFP-SMD version.

It's not correct for the 28 pin DIP-version, but agrees with 32 pin TQFP-SMD version.

I missed that since I haven't used anything except DIP version. I wonder which version the OP is using?

Don