Excellent Arduino Ethernet Shield Web Server Tutorial

Hi (or bette this timer: Ho, Ho, Ho :smiley: ) folks.

the tutorial site is really a good work, but the code from SurferTim (greetings and thx a lot 4 ur work) is much better!!!

i tried to make it a little bit clearer for my unprofessional eyes :astonished:
hope its ok for u Tim if i post it here.

a word to ajax: it is possible to modify Tims code also for ajax use. have tried it out and it works. but i used the original Tims-code for it. if i have make it work for the new one i will post it here for u if anyone think that it helps him (or her).

a question to SurferTim (hope u will read this):
afer the sd file is written there comes a return. in my code i saw, thet it breaks the rotine (so i think) too early. is the return necessary at this place or make i a little mistake?

my code part:

while(client.available()) client.read();

int scanCount = sscanf(tBuf,"%7s %47s %8s",methodBuffer,requestBuffer,protocolBuffer);

if(!checkRequest(&scanCount,client,tBuf,methodBuffer,requestBuffer,paramBuffer,protocolBuffer,fileName,fileType))return;
          if(!checkFile(client, fileName, fileType, tBuf,requestBuffer,methodBuffer)) return;
          else {
            openFile(client, fileName, fileType, tBuf,methodBuffer);
//fragliches return?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
            return;
          }
          serialPrintTundR(paramBuffer);

ur code part:

myFile.close();              
#ifdef ServerDEBUG
                Serial.println(F("closed"));
#endif
                client.stop();                
#ifdef ServerDEBUG
                Serial.println(F("disconnected"));
#endif
                return;//<---------- this return i mean
              }
              else {

this version of modified Tims code is the first one (finished today). there is much more to do to make it shorter and theres a lot of parameters that i give to functions that not necessary.
hope i helps the one or other to come further withhis server-projekt.
it would be nice if others help me to make it better than it is. my next step is to implement the ajax thing.

PS: please excused my broken english. am not used to comunikate in this language :slight_smile:

special thanks and greetings to SurferTim and for all of u a nice and happy chrismas.

last but not least my code from today (edit: in the atachment of the next post): (hope it would be with a slider on the side and no worm over several sites. its my first time that i post here)