MKR1000 not usable. anymore twice.

Hello,

Edit : As pointed out by one of this community member my way of writing this topic may be seen as bad. I will not change what I wrote since I dont want to hide what I first write to look like a "good guy". I just want to explain that I understand that I know it is not anybody fault and I am not angry at anyone but the situation and am sorry for my way of writing this topic.

I am terribly disapointed by the MKR1000. I bought 2 of them.

At first, they worked greate but then after a sketch upload 1 of them started to show has " Unrecongnized USB device".

Then after a couples of days the second one did even worst. After a sketch upload it isnt even seen anymore.

After research, there doesnt seems to be a way to factory reset it or event understand why it happenned.

Both time, there was Nothing connected to it.

Some place I could read that it might be a problem with my sketch but what is the point of a developement board if you cant even test your sketch whitout breaking your board ? >:(

I bought two of those because I have been told they were easier and stronger than beaglebone but seriously arduino seems to be way more fragiles. >:(

If there is a way to factory reset it or something It would be nice but until now I had no luck and I totaly wont recommend those board to anyone unless you prove me wrong (and I hope you do).

Sorry for complaining it's just that trowing 100$ + import rate to garbage aint my fun.

In hope, this post will get to someone who can actualy help me,

Simon.

Ho and pleaze dont tell me to reinstall drivers or reboot my computer. Believe me I did that a hundred times

Did you read ANY of the MKR section of the forum ?

Did you try the "quickly double tap" the reset button trick ?

This puts it in BOOT LOADER mode and will show a different COM port but will then allow uploads etc.

beagles are probably good boards but not as mainstream as Arduino or Raspberry Pi's so you make a good choice in that regards.

Thank you for your answer. I made a researsh on the forum but I didnot find anything about that double click on the reset button. I will try it right away :slight_smile:

I will give you a feedback as soon as I can.

Thank you, this seems to be the right solution.

Thank you for proving me I was wrong. :slight_smile:

Now, both of my boards are working :slight_smile:

I shald not speak ill again

LOL you are not out of the woods yet.

There have been some other issues with the MKR but a guy called Sandeepmistry seems to be able to tame them all (Hmm hes a Pokemon master)

Almost everything I learned about the MKR came from these forums and the many great people who freely give thier time and efforts to help people like you and me.

Now you have them back up I am sure you will be back with more questions.