Need more outputs on my arduino mega ! (yes ... i know ...)

In fact, i want to explode some KS0108 ... Nnnnooooo !!! just kidding, it is not related, i'm creating a "dynamic animated menu with user actions (4 buttons)" for GLCD library ... This was what i meant when saying i was working on it late last night and was totally decerebrated

Sorry simkard but we are obviously on different planets, I've asked maybe 4 times about the high-current shift regs and transistors and I'm still no wiser.

Yes we're on the same planet and i will definitely not need the transistors to drive my relays.
I just hope that i will not be running into some kind of problems with the relays coils (fly-backs) even if i use reverse-diodes.

The dynamic menu i'm working on for GLCD library is not related to what we are talking about in this thread.

Just daisy-chain all SRs

MEGA dataPin -> SEROUT -> SERIN -> SEROUT -> SERIN -> SEROUT -> SERIN...

Connect all RCK ("latchPin" from the reference example) and SRCLK (clockPin) pins together, then treat the lot a one big shift register.

Well, i still don't understand how do i drive the outputs of these shift-registers put in daisy chain ...

Ex. : Let's say i have 3 TPIC6C595, if i understood correctly, for driving the whole 24 outputs, i'll have to send 6 bytes which the first one will be ending on the 3rd TPIC6C595 ?

Thanks !