Connecting Yun to University Wifi

I THINK my university wifi is AES...I can get my Yun connected to my home wifi but now I want to try it at university and connecting to my university wifi requires a username and password where as connecting to my home wifi just requires password so how can I connect Yun to university wifi?

I strongly advise using AES for wifi in all cases. Add mac adress filtering when you are at it.
I have set my wifi at home with AES and it works fine with yun. So it should work at your uni as well.

If university wifi requires a username and password at browser to login then it is based on captive portal ( WISPr: Wireless Internet Service Provider roaming)

Setting up OpenWRT as a captive portal client:

https://code.google.com/p/wisprclient/source/browse/wisprclient.py

import BeautifulSoup
import optparse
import re
import urllib

install BeautifulSoup:

pip install BeautifulSoup

Sonyy I am REALLY confused by your response. Can you please clarify?

I have my code running fine at home wifi so what do I have to do now to make it work at university?

How do you connect your laptop at university wifi?

Dose browser pop out ask username and password?

Yes. My browser relocates to another website with user id and password and submit button. The university has a 2nd wifi which doesn't have a website, you connect to the SSID and it asks for username and password.

The browser that relocates to a web browser has the below form html:

<form action="/auth/index.html/u" autocomplete="off" name="loginForm" method="post">

<input type="hidden" value="" name="directory"></input>
    <script type="text/javascript"></script>
    <input type="hidden" value="1366" name="screenwidth"></input>
    <input type="hidden" value="768" name="screenheight"></input>
    <input type="hidden" value="found" name="os"></input>
    <input type="hidden" value="1920" name="screenwidth"></input>
    <input type="hidden" value="1200" name="screenheight"></input>
    <input type="hidden" value="found" name="os"></input>
    <b></b>

<b></b>
    <a href="https://netid.uwaterloo.ca/Net-ID-aruba1.html"></a>

to allocate a UW 

<b></b>

userid.

<p>

For Quest, Waterloo Nexus, or Sponsored UW guest N…

</p>
    <center>
        <table>
            <tbody>
                <tr>
                    <td>
                        <label for="uwid"></label>
                    </td>
                    <td>
                        <input id="uwid" type="text" accesskey="u" name="user"></input>
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>
                        <label for="uwpassword"></label>
                    </td>
                    <td>
                        <input id="uwpassword" type="password" value="" accesskey="p" name="password"></input>
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </tbody>
        </table>
        <input type="submit" value="Connect" name="mode"></input>

That is captive portal (server).

You need captive portal client ( command line one for Yun, since Yun has no X-windows and standard browser )

Give wisprclient.py a try.

Or

Ask school administrator, tell him(her) you setup Linux headless( No X-window) box, and need command line wifi captive portal client.
Once you have captive portal client then download source code of it cross compile it for Yun.

Do I do that before I upload the Yun code for the program or do I add the command line code to my Yun program code?

My program code is in PHP and it uses CURL...

twirap:
Do I do that before I upload the Yun code for the program or do I add the command line code to my Yun program code?

It is independent to your Yun code, It run once to get Yun connect with wifi.

Ooooo so instead of using the wifi yun GUI I have to use the stuff you mentioned to input the wifi once then it will connect automatically everytime. I will give it a try and post results. Thank you for all your help.

Plan C:

Webbots, use php and curl wrote webbots (command line browser) submit form with password and username.

http://www.amazon.com/Webbots-Spiders-Screen-Scrapers-Developing/dp/1593273975

I don't have time to read that book. My project is due this week for demo and university wifi uses the captive portal so I made a request to the network admin and they said they will emit a Pre Shared Key for given time after request is approved. I don't know what a Pre Shared Key is in terms of wifi but I hope it solves the problem.

Will those linux commands in beautifulsoup still work for me in getting the wifi connected?

Pre Shared Key might mean password, use webpanel/config to setup wifi.

sonnyyu:
If university wifi requires a username and password at browser to login then it is based on captive portal ( WISPr: Wireless Internet Service Provider roaming)

Setting up OpenWRT as a captive portal client:

Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

import BeautifulSoup

import optparse
import re
import urllib

install BeautifulSoup:

pip install BeautifulSoup

For someone who just bought this Arduino for the first time. I know how to get into the linux processor via Putty or Arduino terminal, and use python and other stuff like pip. However, what do you do from there? How do you set up a captive portal, what does that even mean, is there any documentation that is easy to follow? This information to understand the Yun is very difficult to find, considering it's open source. I'm not even sure what the bridge is, how it works, etc. There's really no one who provides a fundamental understanding of the Yun, rather they, provide bits and pieces of smaller pieces.