[SOLVED] Powering Arduino MKR 1010 through Vin.

Hello,

I'm trying to feed my Arduino MKR 1010 through the Vin pin, without any battery conected. The ON led lights up normally, but the WiFi module doesn't work (it only works when it's conected to the USB). Do I need to conect a battery or my Arduino is just damaged? I am supplying 5V with a lab powe supply.

Hope you can help me,

Martin.

1 Like

You program may require the USB port. Look for code like this "while (!Serial)". Comment out the code.

Hello,

thanks for the answer. The problem was that my power supply couldn't provide enough current.

@gpafamily Thanks. I was not able to figure why mkr1010 WiFi was only working when I connect it to computer or laptop and it wasn't working when I connect it to external power source until I saw your post.

martinnp:
Hello,

thanks for the answer. The problem was that my power supply couldn't provide enough current.

Interesting... I've had similar problems. How much current would you say is needed?

gbafamily:
You program may require the USB port. Look for code like this "while (!Serial)". Comment out the code.

Thank you! This issue had me spinning for a bit... I switched boards, tried different battery configurations, switched out LCD and OLED displays... I had completely missed the obvious -- comment out the line that is required for USB connected serial output... my plant watering notifications are working beautifully now.