Laserharp

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

I would like to build a frameless laserharp with an arduino. For those who don't know how a laserharp work: basically you have a laser (obviously) which is reflected by a tiny piece of a mirror. This is mirror is attached to a motor which spins synchronised with the laser (the laser turns on and off), so that several beams are projected. At least one have a lightsensor which recognize when a beam is broken and plays then a tone.
My problem is now the motor: I think I should use a stepper motor but I‘m not quite sure about it. I’ve never worked with stepper motors. Can a stepper motor move faster than our eyes see that there is just one laser? Especially Im not sure because I have to change the direction, can steppers accelerate so fast? I would choose a stepper with maybe like 100steps/revolution but what other specification should it have? Or do one of you know a better idea?
Thanks for every answer!
Draike

Have you considered a laser for each beam? It takes a lot more lasers but is a whole lot simpler to make and code.