Combining raspi and arduino for accurate measurements using crontab

So I use multiple boards and other electronics, and lately I've discovered a very useful thing that you can do when you combine the arduino and raspberry pi. There is a pre-installed thing called crontab. This allows you to time when a specific action can happen. for example,

crontab -e

that opens crontab.
after you've scrolled to the bottom of the helpful messages, there is a empty space for your code or such.

* * * * * python ~/example/example/example/example.py

that * * * * * is a time limit of 1 min. So every min that code runs. There is more information on this website. Hope this helps!

robtherobot:
So I use multiple boards and other electronics, and lately I've discovered a very useful thing that you can do when you combine the arduino and raspberry pi. There is a pre-installed thing called crontab. This allows you to time when a specific action can happen. for example,

crontab -e

that opens crontab.
after you've scrolled to the bottom of the helpful messages, there is a empty space for your code or such.

* * * * * python ~/example/example/example/example.py

that * * * * * is a time limit of 1 min. So every min that code runs. There is more information on this website. Hope this helps!

Hi,
I am not a UNIX expert, but have some experience on it: you have to have in mind the "accuracy" in terms of time when the proccess is launched. On the other hand, "crontab" is a widely used tool in LINUX (UNIX).

Regards

True, but still helpful