Bike interface OBD

Hello Earendil86,

nice to see that you are full into the topic and trying to get an overview rather then just asking stuff :slight_smile:

First things first:
My current solution (not yet published) is capable of both, KDS and SDS. But some things are not working properly. I hope I can fix that next week on a 4 day racetrack vacation :smiley:

If you go for that hardware design, you can easily convert the values and send them in OBD2 format.

But you can also use the OBDLink MX!
You just have to connect the K-Line, GND and V+. Then you need to reprogram the device via AT Commands, to make it SDS compatible.
Racechrono has a setup for that, where you can enter this commands, and then will be sent to the OBDLink on startup.

Lucky you, I am in a personal conversaton with Antti from racechrono and sent him some testdata, so he can include a conversion interface to make it possible to translate the single dataset from Suzuki into several values.
This will take some time to be included in the next version and Iยดll create more data to play around with, next week.

So, Iยดd reccommend to just create a cable adapter and try that approach first!
I cant, because I only own a cheap china clone ELM327 OBD2 Adapter, which is not capable of being reprogrammed and I think the K-Line is missing.

1 Like