How to make a constant 12.5-11V battery

Hello! I need a power supply working from a battery pack that provides 12.5V maximum when it is fully charged and not less than 11V when it is discharged. I'm thinking about 4S LiIon. But it is going to be 16.8V when it is fully charged and around 12V when it is discharged. It seems I need some kind of a reliable voltage regulator that changes the voltage according to the battery voltage level. Are there any bucks that can do it and supply 6A even when it is 12V on the input?

Tofer:
Hello! I need a battery that provides 12.5V maximum when it is fully charged and not less than 11V when it is discharged. I'm thinking about 4S LiIon. But it is going to be 16.8V when it is fully charged and around 12V when it is discharged. It seems I need some kind of a reliable charge controller that changes the voltage according to the charge level. Are there any bucks that can do it and supply 6A even when it is 12V on input?

Batteries are charged with current, not voltage. A reliable charge controller will control the current based on battery voltage and TEMPERATURE. Those parameter are ALL based on the chemistry used in batteries.

Paul

How to make a constant 12.5-11V battery

Learn battery chemistry and equip yourself with an expensive laboratory.

...R

not less than 11V when it is discharged.

That would violate the laws of physics.

A better idea is to take a battery with suitable capacity and use a regulator of some sort to produce the required voltage and current.

jremington:
That would violate the laws of physics.

A better idea is to take a battery with suitable capacity and use a regulator of some sort to produce the required voltage and current.

Exactly! This is what the question was about.))

Tofer:
Exactly! This is what the question was about.))

Well why didn't you say so in your Original Post ?

...R

Robin2:
Well why didn't you say so in your Original Post ?

...R

It seems I need some kind of a reliable voltage controller that changes the voltage according to the charge level. Are there any bucks that can do it and supply 6A even when it is 12V on input?

Tofer:
Hello! I need a battery that provides 12.5V maximum when it is fully charged and not less than 11V when it is discharged.

Then you have big problems. Reality doesn't make such batteries.

Perhaps you meant a 12V power supply, running from batteries? I'd suggest
a LiPo cell and boost converter as one simple approach.

However its possible you need to monitor the state of charge too?

MarkT:
Then you have big problems. Reality doesn't make such batteries.

Perhaps you meant a 12V power supply, running from batteries? I'd suggest
a LiPo cell and boost converter as one simple approach.

However its possible you need to monitor the state of charge too?

This is what I mean, sorry!

Google says this should get you close to your requirements.

I can't find it in my country(

Mail order works in most places.