High-Voltage Ceramic Capacitors

I am working on my plasma tv that went black and I am wondering about these High-Voltage Ceramic Capacitors. I have one that I think is bad that has a 102m 400v and another that is a B222k 1kv. I have found a 222k 1kv High-Voltage Ceramic Capacitors will it work instead of the b222k 1kw High-Voltage Ceramic Capacitors? On the 102m 400v can a higher voltage like 1kw be used instead of a 400v. Thank You for the help.

Sprinkfitter

sprinkfitter:
I am working on my plasma tv that went black and I am wondering about these High-Voltage Ceramic Capacitors. I have one that I think is bad that has a 102m 400v and another that is a B222k 1kv. I have found a 222k 1kv High-Voltage Ceramic Capacitors will it work instead of the b222k 1kw High-Voltage Ceramic Capacitors? On the 102m 400v can a higher voltage like 1kw be used instead of a 400v. Thank You for the help.

Sprinkfitter

Ok, I give up! Where is the Arduino connected?

Anyway, unless those capacitors show signs of overheating, like exploding or some other splitting apart, they are ok. What makes you think they are bad?

Higher voltage rating for capacitors are almost always acceptable. Just more expensive.

Paul

sprinkfitter:
can a higher voltage like 1kw be used instead of a 400v.

Sprinkfitter

???

Paul_KD7HB:
Ok, I give up! Where is the Arduino connected?

Anyway, unless those capacitors show signs of overheating, like exploding or some other splitting apart, they are ok. What makes you think they are bad?

Higher voltage rating for capacitors are almost always acceptable. Just more expensive.

Paul

I have always got great help with this Forum so I thought I would give it a shot. On my power board it has a dark brown spot and 2 NTC Thermistor SCK-2R58 were bad. Around that brown spot is the is these 4 High Voltage Ceramic Capacitors. So while I replacing the Thermistor I thought I would replace them too.

Not necessary, check capacitor short circuit and thermistor resistance.
Show the picture.

sprinkfitter:
On the 102m 400v can a higher voltage like 1kw be used instead of a 400v. Thank You for the help.

Sprinkfitter

1kV instead 400V = ok

Power Board

3.2 on the Thermistor 3.5 on the other one

The brown spot on PCB is not bad and is normal for thermistors.
Thermistor is always (in this case ) hot on beginning when power is turned ON for a short time then resistance is dropped to almost 0 ohm = current limiter = soft torning ON the electronics.
Did you check te capacitors ?
Most of the time is problem with the diodes - check 4 of them - those ones between 3 blue capacitors.

ted:
The brown spot on PCB is not bad and is normal for thermistors.
Thermistor is always (in this case ) hot on beginning when power is turned ON for a short time then resistance is dropped to almost 0 ohm = current limiter = soft torning ON the electronics.
Did you check te capacitors ?
Most of the time is problem with the diodes - check 4 of them - those ones between 3 blue capacitors.

All 4 diodes are bad. check the rest and they were ok. How did you know that??? Big big help

Many years in electronics.

When you put new diodes cut + diodes on pcb trace from rest of the circuit and measure the voltage on tha +
What is the fuse rating in A (Amperes )?

make a pic. another side of PCB

If the mains rectifier is blown, then there is usually a reason.
The chopper transistor being the main one.
And that one can blow because of dried out electrolytic capacitors.
Forget about the hot green NTCs.
Leo..

Rear of board

a

zoom.jpg

zoom.jpg

zoom.jpg

Zoom in on area

a