LCD problem

Hi.

I recently bought an Arduino Mega, and I also got an LCD diplay from a friend. I connected the shield to the board, but when I upload the code, it doesn't happen anything. Also, only the first row seems to be initialized. I uploaded a picture below.

Công ty rut ham cau quan 12 giá rẻ dịch vụ rút hầm cầu quận 12 uy tín

If you can provide some additional details, it is more likely that someone may be able to track down the issue for you. For example:

• Is there any additional info regarding the display you have? What brand / size / resolution? Does it have touch support? If you don't know these details, can you see any visible markings / labels on the board (alternatively attach a photo)
  • What library are you using to attempt to drive the display?
  • I think you intended to upload a picture, but I don't think it attached properly. Perhaps you could retry?

Edit: I noticed afterwards that the original poster indicated LCD, not TFT! :slight_smile:

You obviously have not taken the time to look through the hundreds of previous threads dealing with LCDs.

If only the first row displays black boxes then the display controller is not properly initialized.

The brand and size are irrelevant and the concept of resolution and touch support do not apply to character displays.

What is important is that we see a copy of the actual code that you are using along with a photograph that allows us to unambiguously follow each wire from the Arduino to the display module.

Don

floresta:
You obviously have not taken the time to look through the hundreds of previous threads dealing with LCDs.

Or read the instructions for posting.

Or used the "Preview" function.

But then he is thoroughly disorganised - has not occurred to him that there is no one code, no one display shield. Bodes poorly, may not be back either.

That said, there are actually not too many Arduino character shields, so presumably this one which may still have its nasty circuit blunder: