Where is the IDE Download stored? Need multile installs

I have numerous computers. I need to install the IDE on them. Right now it looks like I have to download the entire 500MB file for each one (massive waste of time and bandwidth).

Where is the download stored so that I can just copy it to other computers?

Thanks

It's stored wherever you download it to. Check your browser settings. How would you even be able to install it if you don't know where the download is saved at?

pert:
How would you even be able to install it if you don't know where the download is saved at?

You can click the downloaded file in most browsers and it will run. No need to know and understand things anymore.

(deleted)

Try downloading it again and this time instead of just whacking "OK" or "YES" as fast as you can, pay attention to the windows that pop up. One of them is asking about where to save it, unless you've already whacked "OK" on another window without thinking and told it not to ask.

It never asks where you want to download it.
It's not in any of the "usual" download places.

I'm thinking you guys have not downloaded it from where I did. I'm pretty well versed in computers and OS's

btw...it was the "New" download process for 1.8 that goes through the Microsoft Store. Convoluted process....not the one I've downloaded before.

Where are you folks downloading from? Github??

And if I knew the name of the file I could search for it....but it never tells you the name of the file.

quamikazee:
Microsoft Store. .

Well there's your problem. You should be asking the Microsoft people with help for that.

Try this link: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

That's just a normal download.

Use either the "Windows Installer, for Windows XP and up" or the "Windows ZIP file for non admin install" links from the software page, NOT the "Windows app Requires Win 8.1 or 10 GET" link. If you insist on using the Windows App I'd guess you'll need to redo the download each time but I can't say for sure because I've never used that stupid "App Store" thing.

pert:
Use either the "Windows Installer, for Windows XP and up" or the "Windows ZIP file for non admin install" links from the software page, NOT the "Windows app Requires Win 8.1 or 10 GET" link. If you insist on using the Windows App I'd guess you'll need to redo the download each time but I can't say for sure because I've never used that stupid "App Store" thing.

A big thanks.
I saw Windows 8 and Windows 10 and thought that was the version I needed since I'm using Windows 10.

So many programs seem to require a specific version for Windows 10 64 bit that I got used to looking for that when downloading software.

Your explanation resolves the mystery. And yes, I think the App Store Thing is stupid as well.
Have a nice weekend.

Delta_G:
Well there's your problem. You should be asking the Microsoft people with help for that.

Try this link: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

That's just a normal download.

Thanks for the assist.