Stopping the mouse program example?

I used the mouse example given on the Esplora page and now when I try to upload a new program the IDE gives me "COM6 is in use. Try quitting all programs before uploading" or something of the like. If it helps for some reason my joystick has both the x- and y-axis stuck at a value of 12.

Does this work... unplug the Esplora from the computer, plug the Esplora back into the computer, immediately try to upload.

From http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/EsploraJoystickMouse

This sketch will take over the mouse movement of your computer. If you lose control of your cursor do the following :

• unplug the Esplora
  • open the EsploraBlink sketch in the Arduino software
  • hold the Esplora's reset button down while plugging it back in to your computer
  • while continuing to hold the reset button, click "Upload" in the Arduino software
  • when you see the message "Done compiling" in the Arduino IDE, release the reset button

For some reason by default my joystick is at x-8 y-1 while in center and when I run this example my mouse is constantly moving up and to the right. Is there a way to calibrate the joystick to zero?

I've worked around it by modifying the code:

int xValue = Esplora.readJoystickX()+8;        // read the joystick's X position
  int yValue = Esplora.readJoystickY()+1;        // read the joystick's Y position

I've now added functionality for this and fixed this problem:

#include <Esplora.h>

int initx,inity;                                 //declares global variables for inital x/y values

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);                            // initialize serial communication with your computer
  Mouse.begin();                                 // take control of the mouse
  initx = Esplora.readJoystickX();               //read initial value for x
  inity = Esplora.readJoystickY();               //read initial value for y
} 

void loop()
{
  int xValue = Esplora.readJoystickX() - initx;  // read the joystick's X position - initial value
  int yValue = Esplora.readJoystickY() - inity;  // read the joystick's Y position - initial value
  int button = Esplora.readJoystickSwitch();     // read the joystick pushbutton
  int sw1 = Esplora.readButton(SWITCH_DOWN);     // read switch 1 state
  int sw4 = Esplora.readButton(SWITCH_RIGHT);    // read switch 4 state
  Serial.print("Joystick X: ");                  // print a label for the X value
  Serial.print(xValue);                          // print the X value
  Serial.print("\tY: ");                         // print a tab character and a label for the Y value
  Serial.print(yValue);                          // print the Y value
  Serial.print("\tStick Button: ");              // print a tab character and a label for the button
  Serial.print(button);                          // print the button value
  Serial.println();                              // create a new line
  Serial.print("Switch 1: ");                    // print a label for switch 1 value
  Serial.print(sw1);                             // print the switch 1 value
  Serial.print("\tSwitch 4: ");                  // print a tab character and a label for switch 4 value
  Serial.print(sw4);                             // print the switch 4 value
  Serial.println();                              // create a new line

int mouseX = map( xValue,-512, 512, 10, -10);  // map the X value to a range of movement for the mouse X
  int mouseY = map( yValue,-512, 512, -10, 10);  // map the Y value to a range of movement for the mouse Y

if((Esplora.readButton(SWITCH_DOWN) == LOW)  
      || (Esplora.readJoystickButton() == LOW)){  // checks to see if switch 1 or joystick button is pressed
    Mouse.press(MOUSE_LEFT);                     // holds down left mouse button
  }
  else{
    Mouse.release(MOUSE_LEFT);                   // releases left mouse button when not pressed
  }

if(Esplora.readButton(SWITCH_RIGHT) == LOW){   // checks to see if switch 4 is pressed
  Mouse.press(MOUSE_RIGHT);                      // holds down right mouse button
  }
  else{
    Mouse.release(MOUSE_RIGHT);                  // releases right mouse button when not pressed
  }

Mouse.move(mouseX, mouseY, 0);                 // move the mouse

delay(10);                                     // a short delay before moving again
}