How can i fix a blown Arduino Nano?

Hi. I was working on a project and I have accidentally touched the 5v pin of the Arduino Nano with the + terminal of 12v lead acid battery.Also the lead acid battery - terminal was connected to the ground of the Arduino board. And immediately stopped working. Now when i connect it to the computer the PC recognizes the board but when i try to upload sketch it shows me an error message and on the Arduino board only the power led work. How can i fix it ?

Carefully desolder the Mega328 chip form the Nano pc board. Buy a new 328 chip and carefully solder it in place. Use a different Arduino running the Arduino ISP sketch to bootload the new 328 chip.

Or toss the blown Nano and buy a new one, which ever is easier for you.

Ok i will buy new.

I am being very serious when I say that first of all I have no clue how you could fix it, and secondly the cost would probably be higher then replacing it. I realize it sucks when you have no replacement at hand, but I am afraid the chip is fried, it's not protected against 12volt.

Mike

Thank you for the help. I thought that the regulator can be burned but if its the atmega chip i will buy new Arduino board

Dario19871:
Hi. I was working on a project and I have accidentally touched the 5v pin of the Arduino Nano with the + terminal of 12v lead acid battery.Also the lead acid battery - terminal was connected to the ground of the Arduino board. And immediately stopped working. Now when i connect it to the computer the PC recognizes the board but when i try to upload sketch it shows me an error message and on the Arduino board only the power led work. How can i fix it ?

The Arduino Nano has an operating voltage of 5volts but will take input voltage of 7 to 12 volts.
I do not have an Arduino Nano so I cannot look at one.
How was the Arduino Nano being powered before you applied 12volts across it?

You state that it "immediately stopped working" so it must have been powered and working when this happened.

The LM1117 5volt regulator has thermal shutdown

Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?
Also could you post the exact error message?

When an error occurs the Arduino IDE gives a button to copy the error message to the clipboard.

Dario19871:

When you are in Arduino IDE and you select the Arduino Nano
are you able to read the board info?

Dario19871:

May I send you a private message?

I do not know where you are located.
If you are going to throw the Arduino Nano in the bin/trash would you consider sending it to me so that I may see if I can fix it?
I have a surface mount rework station which I use to repair PCB.
I have not tried to repair an Arduino Nano before.