Using Arduino Yún as a UNO + Raspberry Pi replacement

Hey guys, I am currently working on a project that uses an arduino to read data from an NFC Shield, send the information via serial to a raspberry pi, where a python script processes and puts this data into a mysql database, hosted on the Pi. I will then implement php and a local web server to query contents for a front end. I'm just wondering, in order to save power requirements and space, if using an Arduino Yún will be able to completely replace this setup, without any change in code, or even if the upcoming Arduino Tre will do the trick. Thanks :slight_smile:

Bump, any ideas :slight_smile: ?

afiles:
if using an Arduino Yún will be able to completely replace this setup, without any change in code

I bet it is able to do the same. Not sure if without any change but Yun comes also with Python 2.7 and a Linux distribution.

I would recommend you take advantage of the features of the Arduino Tre

There is already a rest server that allows you to interact with the board and there is a library called bridge that lets you pass data to that REST server.

Myql is a bit overkill IMHO

Have a look at the temboo service that comes with the Yun , it will alow you tostore the data directly on Google drive, dropbox and other 100+ APIs on the web

The tre will allow you to run the code without major modifications but it's seriously overkill for this.

TL;DR Design directly for the Yun , you'll get better results with a lot less effort

Hey Guys, Thanks for your replies, I think I might look into the Yun as that sounds like exactly what I need. I would love to use the REST features of the Tre, but I know I have to store and search alot of data so I might stick to what i'm comfortable with in MySQL, Thanks again :slight_smile: