LCD display not displaying data

Sir,

Yes, the display worked on being directly plugged to the Arduino , like in the pic in the first attachment.
And yes, I ran the "Hello World" sketch when I got the LCD device.At first it didn't work, as I was not aware
of the required pin configuration.After I heard about the pin configuration, I tried with the one that was suggested ('LiquidCrystal(8,9,4,5,6,7)') in one of the replies; it worked. And the second thing you wanted me to specify- the project details- is in the following link:https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/moretticb/color-sensor-prototype-detect-color-name-from-objects-c4f7d6?ref=user&ref_id=184857&offset=0
I wasn't able to get the LCD device mentioned in the link and had to adjust with the one that I got from Amazon. The picture of the device is in the second attachment . Thirdly, the 'external power' I told you about in my previous post is the same 5 V power supply through the jack . And I remember that I've tried making the project work while connected to the USB serial cable.Also, if my memory is right, it had the same effect(lighting up at first and fading gradually) that I saw while it was plugged to external power.
I'll verify the thing in a later post.

Thanking you,
Sam

Lcd.jpg