Use an SD Card

Is it possible to use an SD card or Micro SD card to save data????

If so, can it be done with the I/O ports?

Is it possible to use an SD card or Micro SD card to save data?

No, of course not. The SD slot on the Ethernet shield, and all the shields that Sparkfun and Adafruit and a host of other companies are just there for decoration.

Hell, there isn't even an SD library delivered with the IDE. That's just a prop, too.

If so, can it be done with the I/O ports?

"it" is a pronoun with no referent. You have to ask more intelligent questions than that.

PaulS:
No, of course not. The SD slot on the Ethernet shield, and all the shields that Sparkfun and Adafruit and a host of other companies are just there for decoration.

Hell, there isn't even an SD library delivered with the IDE. That's just a prop, too.
"it" is a pronoun with no referent. You have to ask more intelligent questions than that.

Alright Paul. Thanks for the reply and yes I've noticed that the SD slots are decorations. I was just asking if it was possible at all since I started coding with Adruino 5 days ago.

Check in the examples section of the IDE. You will find the basic SD stuff, and see that it uses the SPI bus i.e. it can share with other devices.