ultra simple wireless help!

I have been trying to get a very simple wireless project completed. I've gone through the xbee route several times with very limited success. I've done/tried several NRF24L01 how to's without success. I've even tried a pre-made kit from a manufacturer that guaranteed success without any luck. I'm super-frustrated because I've been trying to complete a VERY simple project off and on for several years with my sixth grade students, but we always get stuck!

I do have several year's experience with the basics of Arduino coding and wiring - we completed several interesting projects and applications over the years, but I want to go that next step. Wireless. Not even on the internet or true wireless because my school would never allow access to the server. Just a simple local wireless solution.

Essentially, ALL I want to do is push a button on one arduino and have an LED/light go on w/another arduino. Doesn't need much more than a few feet of range, so I'm open to any/all SIMPLE solutions. I've been stubborn and tried to figure it out on my own way too long! Hat in hand...I beg for anyone's help. Sincerely David - Frustrated, yet hopeful 6th grade teacher in Connecticut, USA.

No Arduino required with this one.

However, using the RC-Switch library and a $1 RX or TX module, the Arduino can simulate either end.

Have you tried the examples in this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial ?

The examples are as simple as I could make them and they have worked for other Forum members.

...R

Iĺl take a look at the link. I´ve tried so many "simple¨ solutions that have not worked. Iḿ willing to try anything at this point.

dpalinkas:
Iĺl take a look at the link. I´ve tried so many "simple¨ solutions that have not worked. Iḿ willing to try anything at this point.

Wireless problems can be difficult to debug. Get one of my tutorial examples working without any changes before you start experimenting. Then you will always have a working example to fall back on.

...R

dpalinkas:

Have you considered asking for help with them? When something that works for everyone else doesn't work for you it can often times be helpful to show what you've done to someone who knows what they're doing to see if they can maybe point out what you did wrong. It will certainly be more fruitful than simply saying, "I did a lot of things that didn't work and gave up on them."

Delta_G:
Have you considered asking for help with them? When something that works for everyone else doesn't work for you it can often times be helpful to show what you've done to someone who knows what they're doing to see if they can maybe point out what you did wrong. It will certainly be more fruitful than simply saying, "I did a lot of things that didn't work and gave up on them."

All that is why I suggested that the OP starts with one of my examples with no changes to it. It is much easier to help with code that I am familiar with.

...R