Humanoid Robot

Hello friends !

So, I'm new in the universe of Arduino (just in the forum not Arduino I've already programmed with it in the school field)

I want to realize a project (for me), firstly, I love all humanoid robot like nao for example (yes I understand that my robot will not be as good as nao) BUT ! I just want a humanoid with fluid movements and that in the future it can be autonomous (walk in autonomous) if somebody says hello he raise his arms and say hello .......

So my question is it's Possible ?

• Realize a robot humanoid with this kit : Robot kit

• Add this motor : Motor

• Arduino mega (because it's the only with most PWM outputs)

• Write a program allowing my robot to be autonomous (with machin learning later)

Thanks to all in advance !

kealmlj:
So my question is it's Possible ?

• Realize a robot humanoid with this kit : Robot kit

An Arduino Mega could certainly be programmed to control all of those servos. Arduino is great at controlling servos.

kealmlj:

What do you want the motor to do? Where does it fit into the robot?

kealmlj:

• Arduino mega (because it's the only with most PWM outputs)

What do you need all the PWM outputs for?

kealmlj:

• Write a program allowing my robot to be autonomous (with machin learning later)

You have to define that further. This is too vague to answer.

kealmlj:

That is a servo not a motor and you will need a lot of them to animate that robot.

Making a robot "autonomous" depends on what tasks you want it to do. Autonomously walk forward until you meet an obstacle then stop is fairly easy. After that it gets more and more complex.

Steve

Delta_G:
An Arduino Mega could certainly be programmed to control all of those servos. Arduino is great at controlling servos.

Arduino mega is good or Uno ?

Delta_G:
What do you want the motor to do? Where does it fit into the robot?

yes it fit into the robot and I want that the servo control the robot (legs, arms,...)

Delta_G:
What do you need all the PWM outputs for?

For control the servo (I think I need one Pwm output for one servo ... No ?

Delta_G:
You have to define that further. This is too vague to answer.

Yes, I know !

We normally control servos using the Servo library. It does not need PWM pins. But using it a UNO can only control 12 servos. Your chosen robot needs 17 servos. A Mega can control enough servos.

Steve

autonomous (with machin learning later)

Nope.

Take a degree and a good decade of programming experience about 10 years a go and then yeah.

Machine learning REQUIRES feedback. Your design has NO feedback for movements.

Paul